It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

Irishree HB UserIrishree HB User
Good Day All

So Since September 14, 2012. My very first "diagnosed amd realized", fibromyaligia flare up came to an end after about 9 months. What a ***** to deal with it. Once again. I apologize to my family and friends who have had this over the years and I just assumed it was like a twitching in your face with some aches and pains. BOY..have I found out wrong!found with me it is also slowly taking from me,my appetite,eyesite, my hearing and gives me insomina. Lovely! I am down 70 pounds..crazy!

Anyway...16 days no flare up and now, today, yes! I finallly found out a sick( forl ack or a better term) abrupt feeling would coming into my stomache to chest, then into my legs and they'd feel like 200 pounds each and I get nauseated and it doesnt stop. Then an Overwhelimg tired feeling comes over me. I cannot fight it anymore. I have to lie down when i get that feeling, whick I hate, epsecially when all these other fibro moms can still manage to do it all. I feel inferior but I'm will to be the frst time they can gauge this with some test that i have it into a severe level. We'll see! Hope you all feel better and have a great week!

~ Ree~
~Fibromyalgia
~ degenerative arthritis
~cervical lordosis via fx of c2, c3
~acdf c4, 5
~ stiffness and joint pain in both hands and feet
~ back pain
~ diabetes
~ hypertension

The following user gives a hug of support to Irishree:
mom477 (09-30-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Good Day All

Big hugs to you!!! It is a very tough thing to deal with. I am a mom and have had fibro most of my life. I have learn not to compare what I can or cannot do with others. It's a constant psychological struggle as dealing with chronic pain gets to be frustrating and overwhelming. Just take it one day at a time and what doesn't get done can wait.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
Irishree (09-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
Irishree (09-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi ree,
ask your doctor to test you for sjogrens. i don't eat either. force candy down me to keep weight up. fibro pays for that but i'm too tall to be as skinny as i got.
are you aware of never feeling hungry? never think about food either?
deep empathy for the day ahead. i'm taking a turn on the fibro ferris wheel too. see ya at the top! giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

You are not inferior you are unwell. In my book an inferior mom is one who is able to do things with her kids and does not bother to do them. Any posts I have ever seen on this site tells me we are all great moms because we are always worrying about the effect our illness has on our children. We put them first. I also do not believe anyone with fibro can do it all, we prioritise and do a great job. Be kinder to yourself you have had a hard time with your illness.

Regards,

Reply Reply

Tags
fibro, fibro moms, flare up, pain