It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Random new thing - and question for you with back problems!

First thing - I have had issues with the muscles in my knees for as long as I can remember, thanks to my genes. The muscles are loose and the tendon that connects my patella to my bone sometimes pops off (or so my doctor told me). But I haven't had issues with it since before my fibro started...so now my knees started hurting yesterday (I have been sleeping 12 hours a day, so that could be why) but the pain is at the top of my patella and goes up into my thigh. I can't remember if this is normal, if my fibro is making it worse, or if it is something else. Tried heat and it helped a little, but then it comes back when I take it off. Haven't tried cold because it's freezing in our house to begin with. Taken pain meds with little help. Any thoughts?

Also, I am asking for an opinion for a friend. She doesn't have Fibro, but has been having chronic back pain and I thought I would start asking around on this board for ideas seeing as we all have a menagerie of issues :P. So, for a year she's been having severe back pain. She's been severely limited by it (like us when we go into flares). She now has numbness in half of her one foot. She's seen 3 or 4 different doctors and been given a bunch of different ideas but none of them have done anything about it. They said maybe a pinched nerve, but she didn't have numbness below the knee (now she half of her foot is numb), then they said a slipped disc, then nothing. She went for blood tests but she never heard a result. Going for an MRI tonight, but was just wondering if any of you had had issues like this? If there is an idea that she could talk to doctors about that may help her get the relief she needs.
Thanks guys!!
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply