It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Ugh, rant ahead

So, for a couple weeks now I've been sleeping funny. This normally happens to me when the seasons change. I start sleeping through the day and am up all night. For the most part it's no big because I don't really have plans during the day. Except today. My dad and his girlfriend are coming to visit and take us out to dinner. My knee is still acting funny from Saturday, I started flaring this morning and I've not slept much so far. My dad doesn't really believe in my fibro (though he is starting to come around slowly) so I'm going to have to hide it and go out, even though I'm no where near being up for it. I can hardly hobble around our house without being super dizzy and needing to sit down. What do I do? I'm thinking they will be here late afternoon/early evening so even if I get to sleep now I won't have enough to be functioning well enough to be able to handle that. What do I do? I can't really talk to him about it and even if I can get them to eat at home I'll be the one to do all the cooking because Steve won't be home till 5:45 or so.
Help?
My stomach has been really upset lately as well, so pain meds are off the table as they make me nauseous to begin with.
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

The following user gives a hug of support to Cerene:
mom477 (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User
Re: Ugh, rant ahead

I'm sorry I don't really have any advice as my family is very supportive and understanding but I wanted you to know I sympathize. I would definitely try talking to them though. If you are having a hard time making it around your house I can't imagine how you are going to go out. Maybe you could order in? Then you wont have to go out and you wont have to cook.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Do your best That's all you can do...
Besides, you don't have to talk about Fibro, maybe it would help for your dad to not see you at your best... You can say that you aren't feeling well & leave it at that...
Have you eaten bread with pain meds? I can't take any pain meds unless I eat something breaded or I get sick... Protein doesn't help, has to be something breaded...
Good luck & hope you have a nice time!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Was gonna say what Tori said. Don't try and hide how you feel. May help your dad to see you at your worst in ordee for it to sink in. Parents don't ever wanna believe that their children are sick. My dad lives across the US and we see each other once a year. He was here last month and he saw me when I was just not feeling or doing good at all. It opened his eyes a bit more.

Reply Reply