It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

angelz328 HB User
Question Help with MRI's

HI
I have fibro, sjrogens,restless legs, anemia, oa and degenerative chanes in the acromioclavicular joint and have been having a lot of numbness in my arms, and hands, pain in the upper part of my arm and shoulders, the other night i work up in so much pain i had tears in my eyes because i was layinging on my side and there was so much pain i could not move it and there was pain shooting straight into my shoulder into my arm right into the joint. I have also been having numbness and pain in my buttocks and right outside thigh and my bottom of my feet feel so full I just dont know what to do. With the fibro I always have pain all over like it moves from one place to another so I never know exactly what is the cause.

I had MRI's done and I would like any opinions I can get.

MRI Lumbar spine

T1-T2 hyperintense signal is demonstrated within L1 and L3 vertebrae demonstraes STIR hypointense signal and likely related to hemangioms.

L1-L2: Unremarkable
L2-L3: Diffuse disc bulge with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. The neural foramina are patent
L3-L4: Diffuse disc bulge with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. The neural foramina are patent
L4-L5 Diffuse disc bulgw with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. Mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis is visualized secondary to the disc bulging and bilateral facet hypertropic changes
L5-S1: Unremarkable
Impression: Mild degenerative changes noted of the lumbar spine, greatest at the L4-L5 level with mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis as described above.
No acute fracture or subluxation seen.

If anyone can give me an opinion on this I would appricate it. I have been having back pain lately along with alot of neck pain. I also had a neck MRI.

Neck MRI

There is mild reversal of the normal lordotic curvature centered at the C5 level. No acute fracture or subluxation is seen. No abnormal siginal is visualized within the spinal cord. Mild intervertebral disc space narrowing is noted of the C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels. The dens is intact. The craniocervical junction appears grossly unremarkable.
C2-C3: Disc osteophyte complex causing minimal impression on the anterior sac. The neural foramina are patent.
C3-C4: Disc osteophyte complex causing minimal impression on the anterior sac. The neural foramina are patent.
C4-C5: Disc osteophyte complex is visualzed eccentric to the right causing mild flattening of the right hemicord at this level. Mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis is visualized.
C6-C6: Disc osteophyte complex is visualized causing mild to moderate central canal stenosis and flattening of the spinal cord at this level.
C6-C7: Unremarkable.
C7-T1: Unremarkable.
Impression Moderate degenerative changes noted of the cervical spine greatest at the C5-C6 level.

I would appericate any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Help with MRI's

Hello
If you go to the section "Bone, Joint & Muscle Board" you can go under "Back Problems". i would post on there to see if anyone can help. I'm sure you could get lots of help there reading te medical notes. I wish I could help but really don't understand allot of it...

My Fibro pain is worst in my neck & always hurts. I have all over pain, just worst in certain spots & travels. I've had an X-ray on my neck. Prob should get an MRI done.... The X-ray didn't show anything. I have a bad disk in my lower back which also causes constant pain but the neck is worst of all. Course, if I lifted stuff I shouldn't, my lower back would be so severely painful. But I make sure to baby my back
I do wonder if an MRI would show something with my neck because I wrecked a quad a few yrs ago, got beat up pretty bad & even short term amnesia but it only lasted about an hour. Never seeked medical care because I didn't have insurance at the time. So I wonder I that is why my fibro pain is worst there.
I talked to a lady with fibro a few months ago. She had the constant neck pain & migraine like fibro headaches. They went in & scrapped the scar tissue out & has helped her allot!
I hope you can find the answeres you need
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Reply Reply