HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Anyone else had this happen? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/921468-anyone-else-had-happen.html)

Cerene 10-03-2012 07:14 PM

Anyone else had this happen?

So, this is the first time this has happened to me that I remember. I have been sleeping really oddly for the past few weeks. I'll fall asleep between 12 and 3 am, sleep for 2 - 4 hours, be up till 12 - 2, then sleep for a couple more hours - repeat. Today, I fell asleep at 2, and then woke up at 7. That's the longest I've slept straight in a loooong time. But when I woke up I was super dizzy/wobbly. The muscles at the back of my neck are really tight too, which could be causing the issues. Or my sinus' that have been acting up for awhile too...But, I of course worried about stroke because I am on birth control and haven't been active. Everything feels fine, no weakness, no headache that is out of the ordinary, my pupils are the same size, my heart rate is steady (and my blood pressure feels okay), etc. It's still weirding me out though. Have a heating pad on my neck and it helps a little, but still get the odd "wobbly" feeling when I move my head around.
Anyone else have this happen? And if so how did you make it go away?

Brookietrip 10-03-2012 10:30 PM

Re: Anyone else had this happen?

My neck makes my head do a wobbly thing.... Are you saying you feel like it is wobbly and you feel dizzy or your head is literally wobbly and your dizzy? I get both but laying down usually helps. Also are you on a new medication or are you coming off a medication? That will definitely make you have that sensation especially when moving your head or even moving your eyes...

ladybud 10-03-2012 10:32 PM

First off, this does not sound like a stroke! Many people with fibro have insomnia of different degrees and patterns. The neck pain may be from the fibro too and getting a truly comfortable pillow can help alot. You might try a "dogbone" pillow, shaped just like a dogbone, it fits right under your neck for support and cradles your head. Meds used for muscle spasm can help you sleep, if the neck pain keeps you awake. Your Dr might prescribe something for you that is nonaddictive.

Cerene 10-03-2012 10:43 PM

My medication hasn't changed in awhile. I feel wobbly, it's not actually wobbly, and dizzy. If I move my eyes too fast the room starts to spin a little. Kind of wondering if it's my sinus'. My ear, throat and sinus' have started hurting really bad. Can insomnia do this? I've always had odd sleep patterns, but it's never been this bad. I will def look for a new pillow! If I don't move my head and I move my eyes slowly I don't get too dizzy, but as soon as I do either of those it goes crazy!

Brookietrip 10-03-2012 11:46 PM

It's always good to get new things checked out but I would say it's the fibro... I definitely have the same problem; although not today. I am in a flare right now but not with dizziness. I feel for you! It could be your sinuses? Maybe because of the weather changes? I have been avoiding it but I think I need to go try to shave my legs despite this awful pain because the itching is outweighing the pain and I am giving myself bruises :( I hope you figure it out. We tend to throw everything in the fibro basket just because we have it but if it goes on too long and becomes really bothersome I would get checked just for piece of mind, but fibro turned me into a bit of a hypochondriac for awhile... Now I wait it out to see if it goes away. I have had dizziness for over a year now, it started when I was pregnant with baby #3 and I chalked it up to hormones... My baby is 7 months old and I still have it so now I chalk it up to fibro but I see a neurologist the 25th so we will see what he says... Let me know if it subsides if you get back into a different sleep pattern or if your neck pain changes :)

Cerene 10-04-2012 02:29 PM

It's been a lot better today. I did a sinus rinse and it helped a lot! It might also be weather changes. We've gone from +20 to +4 within a day and then back up to warm and then back down to cold. If it stays for more than a few days I will def go in to see my doctor, don't worry. I am a little bit of a hypochondriac with new symptoms as well, but we can't be too careful eh?