It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

cvc717 HB User
Is it Fibro?

Hi everyone,

I am concerned about some symptoms that have been going on for a few weeks. I am a 27-year old woman, previously very healthy. I also suffer from Panic Attacks/Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs, and Depression. The symptoms lately though have been:

- Severe body aches (it feels like I have the flu, but no fever/sore throat/coughing, etc)
- Tenderness/hurts to be touched, especially along my back/neck
- Severe dull headache (sometimes for an entire week). It moves to different places in my head - sometimes one-sided, sometimes behind my eyes, etc.
- Terrible stiffness in the mornings and evenings (I feel and move like I'm a hundred years old!)
- Extreme fatigue

My thoughts jumped to fibro because I have a friend who has it and I have heard some of her stories. To cap things off, I just moved across the country (extreme stress!) and do not have health insurance here. I just wanted to get some input here to see if my hypothesis of fibro is plausible. Thank you all so much for your help in advance!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
(female)

Firerose78 HB User
Re: Is it Fibro?

Hi CVS- It does sound alot like fibromyalgia but you say your symptoms have only been going on for a few weeks and there are alot of other conditions that have the same symptoms. Have you had a fever at all? I have heard mono in some people can cause alot of the same symptoms, short term. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and here is how my symptoms went; started with the fatigue, then the depression/anxiety, then body aches just off on and on then more frequently, then the stiffness started here and there and slowly everything just got worse and worse, new pains different places and more horrible everyday and alot more painful than just bodyaches, tender points took longer to show up and are still getting worse and worse. Hopes this helps somewhat it has been almost a year since everything started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

Firerose78 HB User

Sorry, Cvc! I also forgot to mention, that the memory problems, forgetfulness and brain fog were among some of the first symptoms as well before the pain started

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

It's tough not having insurance. It will take a visit to a primary to get a referal to a Rhumetologist. Many tests & many visits...
I would try small things to see if they help. First, rest... Work on dealing with as little stress as possible. Low vitamin D or B could be causing you problems so I would get a good mix of B vitamins and also take Vitamin D 3, 5000 IU daily. If you are low & this is the cause of your symptoms, it will take time to help... You could also be hypothyroid.... You can see if there is a free clinic & have them test your thyroid levels. They may even test other things it could be like the vitamin b & d levels...
If you are low in thyroid, ask for a prescription for Armour Throid. It's natural & much cheaper than the synthetic. Many docs don't want to prescribe it because its hard to get a good level. But I've tried other ones & felt worst on them. When I had no insurance Armour cost me $11 for a month supply. That was many years ago & probably around $25 now, but still much cheaper than the rest
Hopefully this will help... This atleast will give you a start...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

griz55 HB User

It sounds like u suspect fibro. Dr s are hesitant to give a diagnosis of fibromyalgia I have found. I would go to drs. complaining of brain fog, body aches, extreme fatigue, unrefreshed sleep and told basically nothing, or given something for depression, Drs. never tried to help me solve my problem, I've been given tests for sleep apnea, my blood work is good, I do have elevated CRP (inflammation) but they can't tell you where the inflammation is coming from, just that I have inflammation in my body somewhere. I have often felt defeated with this, and I can't hold a job b/c of brain fog & no energy. You are going to have to be pro-active with this to get a good medical diagnosis, to see if in fact you do or not have fibro. You sound like you do, but only a dr. can make that diagnosis. I diagnosed myself after 30 years, don't waste that much time. Fibro back then was not even discussed, but lately it is recognized much more. No, there's no cure, it's chronic, but there are ways to feel better so you won't feel like a victim. What I have found is natural: medical mj (sativa in edible form) and deep tissue massage, that's what works for me. I do have strong stuff in the med cabinet, but only 1 or 2x a mo will I use it for extreme pain, stay away from narcotics if you can, or use very sparingly. You have to find a happy medium, we all do, and everyone is different, i just wanted to tell you what works and continues to work for me on a daily basis, and I just discovered this 6 mos ago, and I'm feeling finally better about my future, and myself, even though I still have fibro. Good luck in your journey to getting better.

Reply Reply

Tags
fibromyalgia, symptoms