It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Those have have been to the ER...

Hey everyone,
I posted about the vomiting again the other day.
I know there is something else going on but don't know what.
I keep jumping from one dr to the next, & can't figure out what else is going on.
Here's my question...
I don't think Doctors understand how bad my nausea is & how bad the vomiting can be. Not to mention pain, fatigue, migraine like headaches, derealization...
There have been many occasions when vomiting is so bad, can't keep anything down & prob severly dehydrated. But usually lasts around 12 -15 hrs. I always say I'll go to the ER if I am still sick come morning but I always stop by then.
I figure all they'll do is stop the vomiting & rehydrate me... Which Would be great! But also another medical bill...
But now I'm wondering if next time it happends this bad, if I should go anyways? Do you think they may actually help figure out hat else is going on? Or would they prob just help me feel better faster & still not give me answers?
Sorry, I only go to drs to try to figure out what's going on or fibro. I try to deal with stuff on my own
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Those have have been to the ER...

Tori, this just popped into my mind. Have you had any testing to see how fast your stomach empties? Have you noticed any pattern such as foods you eat when the nausea kicks in. I have a friend that has gastro parisis and he has issues with vomiting at times. it took the Drs some time to figure this out because it usually happens to diabetics and he isn't

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

No I usually have constipation issues... Then stress seems to give me diareah & makes up for it...
During the summer it doesn't happen very often then more Sept - May... I'm always more nauseous this time of year... I usually call it a flare since I always hurt & when I get sick like that or really bad headaches I call it a flare... But like this time, i've been able to rest more & not pushing myself as much... Then I thought it was my body's way of dealing with pain. But doesn't seem right since there are times I hurt more & don't get sick...
I don't usually lose weight no mater how nauseous or sick I am. Never have much of an appetite. Lately I have lost a much needed 10 pounds...
I'll have to look that up...
My periods have been off for the last couple years & more spotting between periods. So I'm seeing my gyno next week. I know it sounds silly but I worry that there could be something serious going on & docs aren't finding it. I just lost my cousin to breast cancer 2 months ago. She was diagnosed just 6 weeks earlier... Cancer is very heavy in my family. I guess losing her has made me more worried about stuff...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I lost my Mom to BC 21/2 years ago and have recently found by reading her cat scan results she also had another cancer unrelated to BC that is on the rare side. So I understand your worry. I recently got introduced to a genetics testing program and by chatting with a genetics counselor I may qualify for genetic testing for both and if I do I'm going to go for it.

In the mean time you keep searching for your answers and don't stop until you are satisfied that it's either nothing or something

Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm so sorry about your mom! I can only imagine how hard it's been on you & your family...
My mil went through breast cancer & beat it. but to this day my husband & his family look back on how hard it was for all of them...
That would be great if you could get the testing done! Is it a study or do you have to wait on insurance? Hope you can do that!
Thank You for the support I actually talked to hubby this morning about stuff... We don't usually talk about it but it was good. I explained its hard to explain how I feel & I know I don't explain the whole being sick thing very well. He wants to go to my next appt to talk to the dr. Not sure when I'll go back though
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WOW Tori, that sounds like one giant step forward for you and your husband. Maybe he is finally seeing what it's been like for you and we can only hope this leads to a whole new understanding by him. Crossing my fingers.

I love to hear stories about beating BC, I it's certainly a tough road to get there.

As for the testing it's a new program and I may qualify for the testing with no out of pocket expense by me. I see the genetics counselor at the end of this month and we go from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
thefarm (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I dunno We've had these conversations before & he doesn't quite get it. He agrees there is something else going on but I don't think he believe's I have fibro. He says stuff like "I can't wait till they find out what's wrong with you, I can't wait till you're better, ect". I don't think he really understands the pain. Like he knows I hurt but thinks its not that bad & I'm probably blowing it out of proportion even though I don't think I complain & handle it well...
But atleast he agrees something else is wrong lol He really has improved the last couple years. Still complains that I'm boring, never feel well, ect. He told me the other day that my health affects us all. Basically I'm holding everyone back on doing things as a family. I can't help haul wood like I used to or hike. I try to get him to understand I'm doing my best. I put all my energy into the house & kids. Heck, yesterday I spent a total of about 2-3 hours cutting green onions & leeks then wrapping & putting them in the freezer. But had to keep coming back to them to get it done. I've been canning, feeding animals including feeding calfs. I do all I can but can also only do so much....
My mil is a very strong stubborn women lol She's been through allot but still keeps going. Can't help but respect her
That's great about the program! Exciting! I hope you'll let us know how it goes & what they say!
Thank You so much for listening to me & all your support as usual
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Reply Reply