It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Anyone who has had stomach pain

For the last few days I have had awful cramps but up high near my ribs, I also have a weird gurgle sound under my right rib... I have a bit if diarrhea and a little nausea but have not thrown up... I had the same problem back in June with my first flare and utter panic and anxiety because I had no idea what was happening to me... I also have bad gas but mostly burps... I have had no soda. I was awakened this morning by hiccups! I had hiccups in my sleep! I only had that happen once before and it was when my dad died and I had literally been crying until I passed out. Back in may 2011 I also had this awful stomach pain but it was worse! It went away after one night... Has anyone ever had this type of problem with a flare? I am in pain anyway so it's all spread out and hard to differ what is what! My left arm and hand and foot have been asleep all day again too

Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User
Re: Anyone who has had stomach pain

Hi Brook, The symptoms you describe (I am very widely guessing...), sounds like a tummy issue like gastritis. Have you had gastritis before? They come and go during the initial stages - flares as you say. Can you think of any diet changes you may have had maybe a few days back...anything you ate the previous day that is not the usual meal..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookietrip View Post
My left arm and hand and foot have been asleep all day again too
When you said 'asleep', what did you mean by that..? Since you have posted under the Fibromyalgia thread, I assume you have symptoms related to this condition...IF so, I've seen on the net while doing some research that IBS is a condition Fibromyalgia is associated with. Gastritis happens to be associated with IBS. So, two and two together....the burping, stomach pains does sound like a flare of gastritis. Just an idea....they are wide symptoms so hard to try and think what else it might be. Did you have any more symptoms occurring? The pain you mentioned at the end, where is it located? Stomach or elsewhere?

Last edited by Gugulimo; 10-09-2012 at 04:14 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gugulimo For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (10-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I am still in the stages of finding out what is wrong with me my GP leans toward fibro as she finds nothing wrong... Test after test and everything "looks" perfect... My stomach pain is kind of lower too.. It could be ibs... I'm not sure, trying to stop googling and just come here, it helps me to not freak out so much I go to a neurologist on the 25th of October so maybe I can get some answers then? I did eat mcdondalds the other day? Maybe the grease is still lingering? Thanks for the reply hope your well!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i find meat very hard on my body. don't eat it anymore. i get the hickups all the time. they wake me up too! suggest a gastroenterologist and a good looking at. you may want to try miralax at night. i take 2 capfuls and it has helped even things out and taken the pain away. i still fart, burb, have tummy chats that everyone can hear.
peace,
blue

Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

I am suffering from IBS and Gastritis at the moment. Few days back, I had some severe attacks of Gastritis causing a wide range of symptoms. Strangely enough you know, my left shoulder and elbow was in pain. I couldn't understand it. But as the Gastritis attacks went a little down, so did the pains on both joints. So, it was like pain got 'radiated' elsewhere when the actual issue was with the stomach. I was ready to wonder whether my cartilage was swollen or perhaps gone! :-) It wasn't...

Have you tried an ESR, CRP and a blood test? If it is Fibro, surely something would show on these. I know of someone going through Rheumatism (I too have some of that but a lot better now after Ayurvedic treatment). Though the connection is unclear, in Ayurvedic terms Rheumatism can LEAD to Fibromyalgia eventually unless treated. Either case should show a change in these blood reports. Even for Rheumatism you get aches and pains a lot but they are recurring. Sometimes it can be muscle, sometimes joint....depending on the type of Rheumatism. This is a condition (as well as Fibromyalgia) that can be cured through Ayurvedic treatment. So, please try not to worry even if you were to find out anything along those lines. I suffered for 8 years with Rheumatism and the doctors couldn't diagnose it. They were looking all in the wrong direction. No one bothered to ask me to get an ESR which should have given a clue. In the end I got so bad I couldn't get up from the bed in the morning. My hand weakened to the point that lifting a tea cup was hard. I went down the Ayurvedic route and started to see the light of day at last...! So, there are ways. Just need to find what it is and what is the best course of action and you'd be alright..! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Gugulimo For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
(female)

I have decided to try to go gluten free for awhile and see if I improve at all with that, so today I read every label and consumed absolutely no gluten and honestly my stomach feels better! I know one day won't help much but after reading into it a little it makes a lot of sense... It can cause pains that mimic fibro, it cause nerve damage that will cause pins and needles and the feeling of joint damage as well as ibs symptoms... I will try it for a few months and see if I find improvement... I have a high intolerance to alcohol but beer is the worst for me... 1 beer or 12 I am sick for 3 days but it is a different hangover, it makes me feel as if I have the flu also, my entire body hurts from head to toe and I'm just useless... Going to do a trial and error and see if it does anything since so far my doctors seem to be worthless for lack of a better word...

Reply Reply