It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

Luv my Huskies HB User
1st post, feeling crazy need some hope.

Just got diagnosed Fibro a little over a week ago. Been a rollercoaster since. I had been on Cymbalta 60 mgs twice a day, Dr. switched me to Savella. Not good at all. No tapering just went to titration pack. Horrible vertigo/brain zaps, nausea, stomach aches, headache, crying, super tired, heart pounding. Don't know if they were withdrawal or side effects. Finally talked to my Dr. on day 6, took me off Savella and back to Cymbalta at 30 mg, today. Some side effects are better already, but still have the vertigo/brain zaps. Hope being back on Cymbalta helps soon. Just wanted to vent to some people who understand and tell me it's going to get better. Thanks.
Cathy

Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: 1st post, feeling crazy need some hope.

hi cathy,
welcome. i'm not going to say it's gonna get better. that would be a lie. what it will do is get easier for you to live with. you will need to learn new ways of doing the old things you love to do. it is a different way of life. i have been at it for years and i have a happy, busy life with all the time i want for taking care of my health.
attitude is everything. so is imagination for those times you need to leave your body and go play in the ocean or sand or forest.
i'd say most of what you experienced was withdrawal from the med. ask your doc or pharmacist to be sure. always a good idea to check things out. peace of mind is very important.
again welcome.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

Sounds like your doc stopped/changed your meds too quickly. Don't blindly trust your doc would be my advice. I've found a lot of good info by googling.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
(female)

boomer2012 HB User

You will learn to cope.... you'll learn to adjust... It will learn to feel better.... but there will be ups and downs.... and you will learn how to live with them...

I was at a gym a few days ago and was complaining that I'm in pain... the trainer looked at me and pointed out a man who was sitting on a bike. He could not walk and could not move his legs on the bike. One of the trainers was moving his legs manually to get him to exercise his muscles. The trainer said to me..."It could always be worse...."

Learn everything you can and try diffeent things to see what is helpful for you. Every person reacts differently and what works for someone else might not work for you... But keep a positive outlook and don't get discouraged and don't give up... keep trying to find what works for you.

Be Happy....

Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
(female)

Luv my Huskies HB User

Thanks all, I am feeling a bit better today, hopefully back to work tomorrow for a half day. I have started doing online research, that's how I found this wonderful board. Lot's of info and support. I go back to Dr. next week. Thank God I have a wonderful husband and a good friend to talk to, but also very glad I found this board.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Just one bit of advice- Many Drs diagnose people with FM for lack of diagnosing anything more specific. I would first be sure all else has been thoroughly checked and ruled out. There is a lot of overlap between FM and autoimmune disorders. Before you resign yourself to a life with FM, I would make sure the diagnosis makes sense to you and there are not unexplained issues left dangling. I would research, review all my labs, question everything, and really try to get comfortable in your own mind whether this diagnosis fits. A rheumatologist can give a second opinion if this diagnosis came from a GP. Hate to raise questions, but better now than a decade from now.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
(female)

Luv my Huskies HB User

Thanks Ladybud, Ya my GP has said FM and have an appointment with a rheumatologist, but can't get in til end of Dec. At this point, all I really want is a direction to go that will help me figure out what to do to feel better than I do now. Maybe rushing the diagnosis. My GP has done a lot of tests, have felt like a pincushion. LOL
I have had allergies, chronic sinusitus, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism, fatigue, depression and endometriosis for years, in the last year a lot of all over pain has gotten worse. Just trying to be patient.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Until you see rheum, you might consider experimenting with OTC anti=inflammatories such as Naproxen or Ibuprofen for pain. If you have sleep problems, many people find a Benadryl an hour before bedtime helps them sleep. Sleep "hygiene" is important, too. Ie, a regular bedtime, a bedtime ritual, reading, Sleepytime Tea, total darkness, music, warm bath, whatever you find relaxing and will put you in proper mood for sleep. Stay away from discussing problems, watching disturbing news, intense exercise, caffeine, alcohol before bedtime. Avoid bedtime snack if you have any reflux problems. Try heat on tense or painful muscles. Many people with FM have sleep disturbance as part of the syndrome, which is thought to aggravate the pain cycles.

Reply Reply