It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

MaCher HB User
Unhappy Can anyone relate?? I hope so

New here,need help
hi everyone, my name is Cheryl I haven't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia,YET,but I have been checked for lupus,Lyme,arthritis,all were negative, only thing that is positive on labs is high sed rate,and slightly low bit D,,how generalized is that ! i do have hypothyroid,Hashimotos &,IBS,and migraines,which I have been treating for years.
For about the past 6-7 months my pain has been getting progressively worse, joint pains,,muscle aches,total complete exhaustion.my body feels like it weighs a million lbs, like a sponge full of soaked water,I feel like I have been hit by a truck,or like I have the worst cr of the flu that won't go away.i barely sleep at night,but can work 4 hrs a day and pas out for hours !! It takes all I have to get out of bed and if I don't HAVE to I don't.
I have seen a family dr, gastro ,neuro,and now a rheumatologistI am only 42.
Any help advice? I see my rheum qgqin wed, he wants me to get some scan with some injection and I am petrified its just to look for joint inflammation, I which he felt and Sid I didn't have any.I feel so alone like ppl think I am faking this
AS IF I'd want to feel this bad!

The following user gives a hug of support to MaCher:
Brookietrip (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: Can anyone relate?? I hope so

Welcome I also am being tested and negative for everything. I am 32 and just had my 3rd baby 7 months ago and my symptoms came on 3 months after that... I go to a neuro on the 25th... I am having a terrible day today pain wise... pushing through it best I can wanted to sleep al bad today but the kids were off on their schedules makes it tough but I gotta do what I gotta do... I can relate to a lot of what your going through and I promise. You will see many on here can also relate... this palace helps me more than anything because pain is a lonely place and people who aren't in it don't get it... but we do we are here for you

The Following User Says Thank You to Brookietrip For This Useful Post:
MaCher (10-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome!
We all know exactly what you are going through & how frustraiting it is. We have all been there... It took me 11 yrs to get any answers & still have something else going on but don't know what it is... Was diagnosed with Fibro 2 yrs ago but still looking for the cause of other issues so still going through what you are now.
You are on the right track! You are seeing a Rhumetologist right? If not you'll want to ask for a referal.
Not saying you have fibro but very well could... Try not to stress, rest, try not to push yourself, learn to tell people no & learn to put yourself first sometimes. Easier said than done of course lol But if you have it, you have to learn to control it & not let it control you. You have to learn to live differently & also learn to except it... You become a new person...
I don't talk about it much except with my husband & kids. I have close friends & family that know about it. You know I didn't even talk to my grandmother & aunt about it till recently. I knew my mom told them 2 yrs ago. But I never wanted to hear their judgement... But the other day they brought it up & we talked alittle about it. They were actually supportive. I think it helps to not talk about it often. We do have to except the fact that unless someone else goes through it, they will never understand. We have to let them know that we don't want sympathy, just support & understanding.
You are never alone
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
MaCher (10-11-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
(female)

MaCher HB User

Thank you both for your replies,I have seen a rheumatologist a few weeks ago I have a follow up on the 17th.although I did not have that radioactive scan he wanted me to do ( said it looked for swelling),but did do the blood work.which Was all ok,except for the high sed rate and Low vit d.i think even my husband thinks I'm "just depressed",which is very annoying.i mean if my husband doesn't even believe me who else can I expect to..
I also have several "co-conditions " for lack of a better word..
Hypothyroidism
Hashimoto's thyroiditis
IBS
Reflux
Shortness of breath
MVP
Brain fog-I swear I forget EVERYTHING !!
Migraines
Occipital neuralgia and had
endometriosis and adenomyosis also
I feel like a walking disease, I go from dr to dr test to test,still have to work and just feel sloth like and sleepy and in constant pain.with no reason why...no wonder ppl w fibro get depressed

Last edited by MaCher; 10-11-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added conditions that I forgot to mention

Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
(female)

Luv my Huskies HB User

The more posts I read, the more I am amazed by how helpful, it is to see others have or are going thru this and how positive everyone is. I hope you get some answers soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luv my Huskies For This Useful Post:
MaCher (10-11-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Unfortunetly it's taken almost 3 yrs for my husband to understand alittle... The first 2 yrs were tough & I've been so close to getting a divorce. I figured atleast if I wasn't married I wouldn't have to deal with his constant critisizm & disapointment.
I had a dr tell me that men want to fix everything & when they can't they get frustraited. They also don't like change & being sick is a huge change! It takes an average of 2 yrs before the except it. They will go through steps of denial, anger, ect before they finally except it. It seems to be very true. In the beginning my husband was constantly trying to get me to do stuff I used to do. He's even put me in a pretty scary & dangerous situation. Luckily I refused & walked away. I still have him make comments but not nearly as bad as it used to be. Anymore he likes to give me a hard time on how it takes me so long to do anything, I drop stuff allot, ect. I get frustraited & defensive. But yrs ago he made comments like "I wish you could just tell your brain not to feel pain & get moving", "if I were you I'd pop some pain meds & get moving", ect. What's funny is that when he's sick he won't leave the bed for days... But because I'm "always sick" I'm supposed to get moving. I try to communicate with him so he knows what's going on even though I feel like I'm whining... But if I don't say anything he has always assumed I was fine & that caused me to resent him. I also get terribly sick & he's seen it so bad & so many times... That's when he takes it seriously. But fibro is an invisible disease. No matter how bad we hurt or feel, it is invisible. No one can see it. For instance my neck is always in pain. But I don't go around pretending I can't move it. I move it just fine so no one can know just how painful it is...
I know how you feel... Your spouse should be your biggest support... Yet I know mine has been the one to make it hardest on me. I've been so depressed on so many occasion just because of something hurtful he has said.
Unfortunetly it has taken 2 yrs & things still aren't great with our relationship but sooo much better than they have been...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
(female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

I sooo can relate. I'm too the point that I'm embarrassed to tell anyone in my family that I'm not feeling well. And when I do I can tell it affects them the same as if I told them the sky is blue. They are desensitized from hearing it so much. I totally know what your saying when you say that you continue to move your hurting neck so no one has a clue that it's excruciating because woman are especially made to do what they have to do pain or no pain. I clean houses for a living and I'm in constant pain, but I mention it as little as possible because everyone is sick of hearing about it and my husband feels guilty that I'm cleaning houses, when I didn't have to work before, but the economy has hit us hard. Anyway I feel your pain so to speak.

Reply Reply