It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
(female)

Wolflove HB User
Unhappy New to the fibro board.

Hi there. I have not actually been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but it's my best guess as my twin sister was diagnosed last year and I'm only 20, no reason to have lower and upper back pain, neck pain, knee pain ect. Anyways that's my intro, my question is what do you do for exercise. I've been honestly trying. I got a dog and I tried running with her but as it's gotten colder I just can't. It's like my the running is shocking my knees. I've been barely able to walk the last few days never mind running. It's painful to completely straighten or completely bend them. Do you feel the change in the weather? What do you do for the pain?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: New to the fibro board.

Hi and welcome! are you and your sister Identical twins? As far as knee pain and running, not such a good idea anyway. You should see a Rhuemetoligist (sp) to get an opinion. Never try to dx yourself! You are young and my benefit froma good excersize regemin. I have found and heard that walking is better. I have arthritis in my knees and walking is hard as well. I've yet to get myself on a regular walking schedule though. Good luck to you finding a good Rheumy. Perhaps your sister can guide you.

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The Following User Says Thank You to catkaru For This Useful Post:
Wolflove (10-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hello and welcome,
i hope you don't have it. i walk several small walks a day. my knees are shot. giggle. not because of fibro tho. it's old age. giggle. arthritis and degenerative joint disease fueled by sjogrens drying affect. agree a rheumy would be a wise choice. or a bone doc then a rheumy. you may be fixable.
how cool to be born with an instant best friend. my older sis raised me while mom worked.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I agree, please ask your primary for a referal to a Rhumetologist. They'll be able to diagnose you & help you with meds & everything! In the meantime, sounds like you need to slow down... Try walking for 5 mins 3-4x a week & work your way up. You'll be able to figure out your limit & stop there.. Well Rhums say to start 3-5 mins & work up. I like to start at 15 mins & work my way up. Yes weather make a huge difference! I always get worst the end of September & start to get alittle better each April-May...
Maybe take IB Profren for now... My Rhum says I can take upto 8 a day.. I take 4 but with Tramadol...
Anyhow, Welcome to the board! Hopefully you are just low on vitamin D or something....
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
(female)

Wolflove HB User

Thank you all for the words of advice. I will get my doctor to refer me. We don't actually no if we are identical or not. It was too close to tell and they never did the test to find out. As for walking. I have to walk more than 5 minutes a day because I have to walk 20 minutes to work and then be on my feet at work all day but since the turn in the weather I've barely been able to do that. Taking my dog out for a walk is a struggle.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

you live in canada and walk to work? ouch!! bravo for you girl. i am a wimp in the cold since getting fibro. used to play in the snow in shorts and barefoot. ahh, those good ole days. giggle. can you get heated socks? those may help and there are special wraps for joints you can get at a physical therapists office with a referral. those i am getting this winter. they are for arthritis but would work for anyone who has to walk in the cold.
sending you a warm california breeze.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Wolflove (10-18-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
exercise, fibromyalgia, pain