It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User
RE: Supplements and Vitamins & Acupuncture?

Good morning all! Guglimo suggested I look into supplements and vitamins to help with some symptoms. So...my question is..who out there uses alternative therapies and supplements and what are you using? I have an awesome place here in town that just carries natural and gluten free foods and has an extensive area (almost 1/3 of the store) that is nothing but supplements and vitamins and oils, etc. They have a young guy on staff that will help you choose what you need..problem is...I dont want to open a pandoras box and empty my wallet!! I would like to go in armed with some info on what may have worked with others..any suggestions would be so welcome thanks..oh..and does anyone do acupuncture? I used acupuncture on chemo and had so little side effects and lots of energy but of course that was just for a few months..and of course insurance does not cover it. Just wondering if anyone does acupuncture..how often?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Supplements and Vitamins & Acupuncture?

hi,
suggest you do not do acupuncture during a flare, otherwise it is helpful. i am a vegetarian. leaving meat out of my diet gives me more energy and less bowel issues. i drink a whey protiene drink, take, a, d, c, bcomplex, b-12, k, electrolyte suppliment, cranberry, and a vegan 1 a day.
if you want to go inexpensive make your own tinctures. kava kava and valerian root were very helpful to me in the beginning of fibro.
i would also suggest an immune system boost so ask the nice young man about that. i cannot remember right now what it's called cause i am out at the moment and have to see it to know it. giggle.
all my vitamins are vegan and organic.
a good place to spend your money is a masseuse. massage is the best i have found so far. floating in a warm pool is also very soothing so i go to the club in winter and do laps and float.
thanks for the info about acupuncture and chemo. will pass that on to a client i have who is going thru chemo.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 10-18-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User
Re: Supplements and Vitamins & Acupuncture?

I agree with everything Bluelake said, and also want to add Calcium/Magnesium. I can tell a difference if I don't take it for a while. B-complex has helped me a lot!

Reply Reply