It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

tmrj21706 HB User
Jitters

This is day 3 on my cymbalta journey. Today I feel weird and have the jitters. Could this be a side effect from cymbalta already? If so, does it eventually pass?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User
Re: Jitters

Hmmm.... I have been taking it almost a week now and couldn't fall asleep at all last night. I was a little jittery but mostly just AWAKE! I double checked the side effects. It didn't say anything about jitters or nervousness, but I bet it is. Keep me updated on how you feel and I'll do the same!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

tmrj21706 HB User

Thanks! Good luck sleeping!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I'm thinking back a couple years to when I started Cymbalta. I didn't get the jitters so to speak, but did have what I'd call a little nervous energy. I took advantage of it and did light work and reorganization of closets and cupboards. Things I hadn't done in a while.

Once in a while I get jumpy?? like things catch the corner of my eye and cause sort of a jerk reaction. This has never gone away. I have learned to not let it bother me as much.

One thing that did help was to take it mid morning (I still take it in the AM). Taking it at night kept me from sleeping.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
(female)

tmrj- Are the jitters getting any better? Do you take it in the morning or at night and what dosage are you on? I got a free 30 pill trial from cymbalta while my insurance company worked on some things. I know I was supposed to take 1 per day for 2 weeks and then 2 but I can't remember if it was 2 per day or 2x per day. I hope you are doing well.

Woodswalker- That's how I would describe the way I feel!! And for some reason I was thinking it was one that would make you sleepy and started taking it at night which is probably why I am having such a hard time sleeping. But like I said above, I know I am supposed to start taking 2 a day soon but until I get my bottle I don't know if that will be at the same time or separately.

One positive thing for me is I have NO appetite and have lost 8 pounds that I can well afford to lose!!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
(female)

Nevermind what I said above. I didnt think the info was on the bottle but it is. It is 2 per day. It can be at the same time. I think I will actually skip it tonight and start taking them in the mornings. Duh!

Reply Reply