It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

Lauren116 HB User
Unhappy Need some comfort...

Hey everyone,

I am a 29 year old female who started having really bad leg pain beginning in March of 2012. That is when I can say that I really first noticed it. The pain is also in my lower back, thighs (really bad), knees (really bad), and shins. Recently, within the last month or so, it is almost impossible to sit on my leg without it falling asleep in able less than 5 minutes. My feet have also been tingling numerous times throughout the day. The pain is so unbearable that it wakes me up during the night. I also have neck pain that radiates into my shoulders and am currently being treated for migraines. I had migraines really bad prior to my pregnancy in July of 2012 but after my daughter was born, they came back in full swing and was given medicine for them. I am tired all the time and am constantly in no mood to do anything, which sucks because I have a beautiful 15m old that is so active. Im not sure if this matters but I also have absolutely no sex drive. I have put off and put off seeing a doctor, telling myself it's nothing but I finally scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.
I am wondering if anyone else is going through the same stuff as me and am looking for some comfort right now. I hope its nothing serious as my legs are not swollen, red, warm to the touch, and have no discoloration.
I guess we shall see on Tuesday! Thank so listening everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: Need some comfort..

I have many of the same issues as you. I also just had a baby but in March 2012... My symptoms began June 2012 2 days before the start of my first menstrual cycle after the baby... I started with all day pins and needles in my left arm, went to the er thinking it was a pinched nerve and was thrown into so many tests it freaked me out! Next day pins and needles were still there but I had mid back pain (between my shoulder blades) and chest pain so I went back and was told I had anxiety? And muscle spasms in my neck... Went to my doc she said anxiety? And a slipped Rib and proceeded to adjust me... No help! So then my spine in my mid back started feeling like it had an open wound, no marks though... Then I got pins and needles in my feet... I freaked again had all tests run, all negative... So until around mid august I had pins and needles in my left arm and hand and then it finally stopped, mid and lower back pain, pins and needles in my feet, dizziness, back pain both upper and lower, I have to sleep on my stomach or my feel and legs get pins and needles, I have chest pain, neck and collar bone pain, jaw pain, knee pain, yesterday I felt like I worked on my feet for 12 hours in shoes that were 2 sizes too small but hadn't been on my feet much at all... Honestly when I am intimate it relieves a lot of my pain so now I try to do that as often as possible! It really helps a lot! I am in the most pain 4 days before and throughout and a week after my menstrual cycle. I have been to a cardiologist, physical therapy, had a head and neck ct, all bloodwork 3 times and a spine x ray and it was all fine... Did you have an epidural with your labor? My doc thinks that could be my issue even though it's my upper back she said it can effect that too if they messed it up... I go to a neurologist next Friday... My search is frustrating and continuous because I went from totally healthy to totally not just like that! I am glad you made an appointment I'm here if you need to talk

Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

Lauren116 HB User

Thank you so much for responding!!! Its nice to know others have the exact same pain I do, and that I am not crazy, even though I feel it sometimes. I even went to see someone for like a week, but stopped, because i had so much anxiety. I actually had a c-section with my daugther but developed spinal headaches right after. After my birth, everything went down hill, I developed gallstones and had an englarged liver. I just got my gallbladder out in August 2012. I just feel like at my age i should not be in pain on a daily basis! I really hope when I go to my doctor she helps, she hasn't been so helpful in the past. I may need to think about switching in order to get the help I need. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Gotta go walk around so my foot stops tingling! hahah!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I just want to give you two young ladies a little suggestion. This is from a 63 yr old grandma who didn't learn any of this until I was in my mid 50's. I suffered for a lot of years, because docs....male docs were about all we had to go to 40 yrs. ago when I was having children. Sometimes your thyroid takes a hit when you give birth, I don't know why, but it does. I went hypo thyroid especially after my second was born 17 mo. after the first. I didn't really have time to notice anything in between the two. Anyway thyroid issues are not something that is usually thought about and some....some not all of the problems you describe can be attributed to or made worse by a hypo thyroid. I will caution a PCP or general practice doc does not know how to treat thyroid and usually doesn't recognize it. As was my case, those nice kindly male docs just kept saying.....your just stressed, you have children and a home to take care of. Get some exercise and eat better and here is a vallium or elavil or something like that to take. Which I didn't take. As I got older, the phrase was.....your not getting any younger you know. Thank goodness a friend clued me in to thyroid and I went to an endocrinologist. So I try to pay it forward and caution all young mothers with joint pain and no sex drive and migraines.....it's just a blood test and all you have to do is ask your doc to give you a copy to see your own numbers and do a little research. The thyroid board is a good place to go and/or see an endocrinologist.
Sorry you ladies are having such a tough time, my DIL is going through some things now too, our grandson is 6mo. old. Her problems are not thyroid, we see the same endo....giggle. I agree, I think those epidurals can cause some problems. I sound like my grandma when I say....in my day.....giggle....we went to sleep and woke up with a baby.

Good Luck,
Glojer

Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
(female)

Lauren116 HB User
Re: Need some comfort...

Thank you for responding! I also definitely want to get my thyroid checked. You honestly read my mind with your post! I think ever since I had my daughter my body has been shutting down lol!! I'm a mess and I don't know why! Healthy before and a complete mess now! I have been trying to lose weight for a year and lost nine pounds... Lol yay! No matter what I do lose nothing! I am beginning to think its something else and not just me! I'm just tired of living with aches and pains at my age!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I had my thyroid checked but it's fine... I made them check 3 times plus the 3 at the ER and twice while I was pregnant this last time... My bloodwork comes back immaculate except the rubella vaccine never shows up even though I have had it 5 times so everytime they test me they try to make me get another MMR shot... My body doesn't hold it so I'm done trying! Lol! I am still searching... My pain does go away for a few days every month, I am trying to keep a daily symptom calendar so I can see if there us more of a pattern than what I already know it's good to write everything down... It helps at the docs and for yourself

Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

lauren, glad you are keeping an open mind about it. Don't go into the doc with the I can't lose weight issue when you want to get thyroid checked. Always lead off with the tired, fatigue, lack of concentration. Do a search of hypo thyroid symptoms and list what applies to you. But always put weight loss down near the bottom of the list, don't make it the last thing you say either....giggle....not the first or last. I'm sorry, not telling you what to do. I just know from experience what works and I would rather people learn from my mistakes if they can. Believe me if you are working at it and you aren't losing at your young age, there is something wrong.

Brook, glad your thyroid is good, bummer though you can't figure out what is wrong. I use to have the thyroid panel run and it would always be 'within range'. However that is a range for everyone and I am an individual. Turns out my range needed to be a lot smaller than theirs. It is so hard finding an endo or PCP that will deal with that though. I was lucky.
Hope you both find some answers.

Glojer

Reply Reply