It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

ponytaildave HB User
hello everyone

I haven't been on here for a while was taking my meds till I ran out didn't feel they were doing me any good then about a month later I got a stiff neck with so much pain the pain traveled to my left chest and then to my upperleft arm and then all the way down to the back of my left hand and then I could feel it trying to start into my right arm once in a while pain would hit me all of the sudden somewhere else I'm telling you this pain is unbearable had to get my gabapentin reordered and my hydrocodone still don't have any relief nothing ever seems to work I am a caregiver for my girlfriend who has full blown ALS and it hurts me now to care for her as she can't do anything for herself if I can't get rid of this pain don't know how much longer I can care for her any ideas as to what I should do

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: ponytaildave
catkaru (10-26-2012), lehcar (10-28-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: hello everyone

hi stranger,
call your county adult services and see what they have in the way of home help. there are good people out there who work for them doing in home care. that way you get a break and help.
also go online to the als website and see what is available in your area. never went there but perhaps they have a help line.
as for yourself. muddle thru as best you can. if she sleeps you sleep at the same time. remember, you said you would and hard as it is you must keep your word. the worst thing it to lose what support you have when you are dying. if you are able try to put yourself in her place and ask yourself what would you want?
i do hope you will seek outside help. for you both. a good shrink may be a wise choice. someone to listen and guide you thru this.
as a helper you have an obligation to take care of your health too. you are of no use if you are helpless with pain too. are you eating healty and getting exercise, drinking plenty of clean water, yada yada yada. you know the drill. giggle.
sending energy from friend redwood tree to hold you up when times are down. lean on her. she is strong.
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
ponytaildave (10-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
ponytaildave (10-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: hello everyone

I totally agree with Blue. You can't be a caregiver if you don't take care of yourself as well. You need to make an appointment with your doc. Maybe you hurt yourself lifting her and the pain is radiating down from a shoulder pull or something. As Blue said try to find some outside help so you can get yourself better. Sorry to hear your girlfriend has this horrible debilitating desease. Prayers for you both.

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now