It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

tanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB Usertanasmom HB User
Symptom of MS ???? MS Hug

Hi !!! Just a question. I was diagnosed with Fibro in May. I have had a couple of new symptoms develop lately that are really worrying me.
The day before yesterday, I was in bed in horrible pain for about 18 hours....a new kind of pain. Around my mid section, like my ribs around to my back, completely encircling that area. It felt like I had a Boa Constrictor wrapped around me. My muscles in my rib cage felt like they seized up and my back was killing me on the opposite side. Then I had this very sharp pain in my middle back and the same sharp pain in the front...like I had a hot sword stuck through me. I had to lay on a heating pad for my back and also lay a heating pad across my stomach. It would ease up at times and then I would have waves of extreme pain. I also felt like I couldn't get a deep breath. It was awful.
I was looking online and I found a description of an "MS Hug" and it described exactly what I went through. I've had this symptom a few times in the past several months. I also had a strange numbness on one side of my private area that extended down my leg a bit and up to my belly button, also some numbness on my cheek on the same side. It went away after several hours.
I've had some blurred vision on and off too.
Does these sound like symptoms of MS ????
The vision and the numbness could possibly be explained away as migraine symptoms. But the horrible pain and gripping sensation in my ribs, I just can't explain.
I had an MRI without contrast in April and it showed nothing. But don't they need to do an MRI with contrast on the brain and spine to diagnose MS ???
I'm wondering if I should go back to the Neurologist and ask for more testing.

Thank you !!! Love you guys !!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Symptom of MS ???? MS Hug

always ask for what you want to have peace of mind. i suggest you also be tested for sjogrens disease, which has now been catagorized as a syndrome. feels like a disease to me. giggle. an mri without contrast would show large leisions in the brain from ms. perhaps not small ones. not sure on that factoid. i do know they look for it every time they do my brain. some are with contrast, some not, some ct scans with and without also. still have a clear brain. but i do have sjogrens.
the rib ripping pain could also be constochondritis. sp? look it up and see if it fits you also. that one is not harmful to you. just hurts like hades. i have it and find leaving off any sort of tight stuff, like a bra, helps.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 10-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

costochondritis is what popped into my head. I've been battling it for years. Got that diagnosis years before the FM.
Your best bet is to go to the dr and be as descriptive as you can. It's a hard pain/sensation to explain. I had many tests liver, heart, stomach etc before I got the costo diagnosis. Don't let them dump it into the fibro bucket to easily.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
(female)

sandi2932 HB User

What Fibro medication are you on? I wonder if it's a side effect of it? I'm on Lyrica and I'm really having issues with it. Weakness in legs, depression is worse, anxiety is worse. Arms and legs hurt. Check out the internet about the side effects of your medications.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
(female)

Anaya764 HB User

I'm having and have had the same pain for going on a year now. Unfortunately, that is not my only "MS common" symptom; I have chronic migraines, muscles pains/twitching/spasms in my arms, thighs (front/back) and calf, my ankles hurt constantly, all over tingles and numbness, extremly tightness in my neck and shoulders and finally heat intolerance that makes me tingle, muscles lock up and painfully spasm until my body cools off.
I'm really sick of Drs. just dumping everything on FMS and making me feel like what I'm feeling doesn't matter because it's JUST Fibromyalgia! Like I should just deal with it! I know something is not right with my body and I hate that my life is being sucked out of me since all I want to do is lay in my bed and sometimes cry because of the pain esp. in my legs. This past spring and early summer I was walking 3-4 miles a day and felt great then I had some allergy issues that had my eyes inflamed and I broke out with eczema around my eyes needless to say I was on cortisone and couldn't go in the sun. Once that cleared up it got to be to hot to be outside then mid August these crazy symptoms kicked in again.
I'm sick of dealing with Drs. who just don't seem to care! I made an appt. to see a neurologist to see if he can give me some answers. The funny thing to me is when I first told my Rheu. about the symptoms I was having 9 months ago, that have returned, the first this he said was MS BUT since my MRI was clear now "IT's JUST FMS!"
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

anaya,
please consider getting another doctor and fire this one. also ask for a blood test for sjogrens. just to be sure you don't have it. not part of the normal testing related to fibro issues.
don't let anything just get thrown in the fibro bucket of crap. i made that mistake. bad idea.
giggle.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Anaya764 (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
(female)

Anaya764 HB User

My mother has FMS and sjogrens, I'll ask for that blood test also.
Thank you so much for replying because I feel so frustrated and on the verge of tears because the drs make me feel like I'm just making these symptoms up and that its nothing to worry about.
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

please go online and look for a reputable doctor in your area. check with the ama for his/her record. see if the doc has a website, most do now, and you can look them over before you go. i have found a couple of my doc's that way and was very pleased.
be proactive, no one else is going to do it for you. never forget you know your body best and telling a doctor that is a good thing for them to know. most humans do not and expect magic cures from the doctors. ain't happen! giggle.
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
Anaya764 (11-08-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Anaya764 (11-08-2012)
Reply Reply