It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
i need help.

I am at my wits end with doctors. Saw my neurosurgeon the other day and that was a waste of time.

So this is what is going on.... I have shaking of my hands, or tremors, that have gotten worse in the past 4 months. I can feel twitching inside my fingers. This has affected my life alot. I drop things constantly and am frustrated with myself. I can't cook and clean and well everyday life as I can't fully grip anything at all.

My right leg is numb to the point it affects my walking and I trip alot. Legs gave out a couple weeks ago. NS did a "test" with the instrument that has sharp side and dull side and I could not feel a thing unless he was on my shin bone.

I have also had more constant numbing in my face and neck.

Any ideas??? Im at a loss of what to do next

Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: i need help.

Also I do lose control of my bladder at times and have to change my underwear few times a day.

Anyone have any ideas of where I need to turn?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Those are ms symptoms... When were both of your last mri's?
Unfortunetly I still wonder if ms could be my prob but I had an MRI 2 yrs ago which was normal. I drop stuff all the time also, but its from joint pain & like a weakness feeling... But I go through vomiting phases, been sick every week for the last 3 weeks. I get a lip biopsy for Sjogrens on the 7th so can't wait to see if that will tell me anything...
Anyhow, mri's are so expensive but I you could & it's been more than 2 yrs, maybe have one done again?
Unfortunety many drs chalk it all up to fibro... Which sux when there is something else going on but don't know what...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarm View Post
Those are ms symptoms... When were both of your last mri's?
Unfortunetly I still wonder if ms could be my prob but I had an MRI 2 yrs ago which was normal. I drop stuff all the time also, but its from joint pain & like a weakness feeling... But I go through vomiting phases, been sick every week for the last 3 weeks. I get a lip biopsy for Sjogrens on the 7th so can't wait to see if that will tell me anything...
Anyhow, mri's are so expensive but I you could & it's been more than 2 yrs, maybe have one done again?
Unfortunety many drs chalk it all up to fibro... Which sux when there is something else going on but don't know what...

Last Mri of my brain was 2010. I see neurologist the 14th next month and going to ask for another mri. Having mri of lumbar next week.
Never had the shaking before. It is getting harder and harder for me to do every day stuft and walk. I find myself crying in frustration.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
thefarm (10-27-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

That's understandable I've cried lots of times also. Doesn't help when you don't get the help you need from drs or the support you need at home... I'm glad you'll see a neuro again Make him order you one, don't take no as an answer I'm not a big fan of neuros, their heads are too big... But something is wrong & just have to keep pushing them... It's unfortunet it takes sooo long to get answers... Hopefully he'll have other ideas of things to test you on also...
Hugs!!!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
mom477 (10-27-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Neurosurgeon seems to think something is going on. Went to him as I thought it was from my neck as it is worse some too. He said if tests show nothing is wrong then I may have to wait for it to get worse. And im thinking...worse than this???? I dont want to

Reply Reply