It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
can't sit still flare???

hi fibro family,
i am in a flare and cannot sit still. been running for 4 days. if i stop it hurts worse than if i stay acitve. and i can't shut up. talk, talk, talk. i have not had one of these in over a decade. am i the only one who has these? please tell me i am not alone. giggle. day 4 and my legs are exhausted, vocal cords raw and every inch is hollering for attention.
i have gotten so much accomplished it's amazing. heck of a way to do it tho. i am driving myself nuts here, giggle.
was up till half past midnight painting and making smudge wands. that's not me! giggle. who am i when this happens? superwoman??? giggle.
so, curious to see if anyone else has flares like this?
peace on the run,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

dfwmom HB User
Re: can't sit still flare???

Sounds like a manic episode. Since anxiety and depression are associated with Fibro, it makes sense that manic episodes could also occur. Be careful of episodes of bad judgment. Try to put off major decisions, for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I am always this way! If I stop I hurt worse and I get dizzy so I run my butt off until I go to bed... I also have 3 little ones so stopping is not much of an option but even when I feel like I have done more than I should I keep going so I can hurt less just for that moment... I try to make dirty dishes so I can dance around the sink listening to my music and have something to do at night... I have an MRI of my thoracic spine coming up as soon as my insurance gives the okay, I'm pretty nervous about it... But to answer your question, no your not alone, I can never sit still! My mom can't either, she moves furniture for some reason to keep herself out of whatever pain for the moment...

Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi ladies,
not a manic episode. never had an issue with depression or bi polar. it's just a form of flare up according to my many doctors. giggle. thanks brookie. i made myself go down yesterday and sleep all day. i have a busy week so conservation of energy is important. it worked. broke the cycle somewhat. still have the hurts to sit still but less intense on the talking and go dos.
i crack me up tho. i just remembered i changed my thyroid med dosage again. well, duh! of course that plays into the sudden energy. i forgot. giggle. i let it get too hyper.
time to finish getting ready for the carpet cleaner and the wound care doc.
thanks for taking time to reply,
peace,
blue

Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

When I sent you that positive energy I guess it really worked ! (along with your new thyroid dose)

Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

When I get like this it feels like I'm fizzing!!! exactly the same happened a couple of weeks ago - I'd been doing brilliantly for around3 months - still pain but low level - then the fizzing started! A bit like a bottle of champagne - there's only so much fizz in there and then it goes flat - I slept for a could of hours during the day for a couple of days - weird! Chill pill required for you (not literally!!)

Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

thanks name sis. giggle. and blessings to ya sweet, just like that!!! i love them. if i have to hurt it's so cool that staying active is the answer to lessen the pain. it's back with bells on. giggle. good tho. headed out today to petaluma and a little old french hotel. daughter had a doc appt early next morn. i have not had good french food since my grandma died. i sure hope its good.
my house smells so nice. i moved furniture just like the old me could. brother sat back in wonderment. i am very sore from lifting but was careful not to hurt any muscles. hot tub, shave my head, shower and hit the road. hoping the rain eases off like the great minds at the weather station say. giggle.
have a great day all. see ya saturday. oh, sweet, the chill pill was taken and it worked. tee hee!
peace,
blue
ps. it's cool that i am not alone in this. does anyone else actually have them and use them?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

OMG Blue I sure wish I did!!! I sit and think of the thngs I need and want to do and then I just sit there. I manage to get one thing done a day maybe. Now that I got let go from job I thought I would be the "Housewife Angel"...nope! Just sit in front of the idiot box and then sleep. Truly sucks! Please send some energy my way! Hugging Redwood for some right now!

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

hi cat,
sorry you can't get those. forgot they end with chills and dry heaves. hit me yesterday in my hotel room at 4 am. it's over. daughter drove home and i made the drive to my home and crashed. most all my flares are sit in front of the idiot box too. giggle. beats the alternative. giggle. i just make sure i do 1 thing a day. then i feel better. try that? adjusting to being at home is hard. i remember. you just hug the hades out of our beloved redwood. she is glowing with energy this morning.
hugs and peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
catkaru (11-05-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User

Blue, no I can not relate to that energy level but yes, you do crack me up!

Cat, I have also stopped working full time. I do work part time, but I have stretches of time that I am home. I started an accountability plan for myself so that I would not be miserable in bed, watching TV, etc. all the time. It is a sort of schedule for what I should get done. I modeled it after the old-fashioned housewives who had a poem, "Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday, Bake on Wednesday, etc." It was in a Laura Ingalls book I read to my daughter. Well, that inspired me, and I simplified it to include 1-2 little things I had to do per day.
Like for me, it's "Put in a load of laundry, fold it, put it away, do dishes." I have to be able to check it off. I was also very much an over-achiever at my job and having free time while feeling sick is a whole other story. If you would like in on it, feel free to message me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chicabellarox For This Useful Post:
catkaru (11-05-2012)
Reply Reply