It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Could use some advice

I'm sorry I always come running to you guys with stuff like this, but you always seem to know what to do when I don't know what is right.
So, the past two weeks I had a cold (felt it coming for awhile) and then yesterday I got slammed with another one. On top of that I've been in a flare and my sleep schedule is starting to slip back to sleeping more during the day and being up at night. Plus, since I had my UTI in Jan/Feb, I've had this burning (sorry for the tmi) in my lady bits that no one can explain (I've had 2 paps and been tested for everything they could think of) that gets worse when I sit on it especially in a car.
And now for my dilemma. Month ago, in August I think, we purchased a vacation from this time share group my Aunt is a part of. It's for a week long chalet rental in a beautiful tourist town about an hours drive from where we live. That doesn't seem like a long drive, but I haven't been in a car for over 20 minutes since the spring and even then it didn't end well for me (plus I've been getting nauseous an dizzy while in the car). When we bought it, I was able to do more stuff and wasn't flaring as bad...but now it's almost constant and I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to do it. Or if we go we'll be stuck in the chalet the entire time and I'll be sleeping for a lot of it. I don't want to waste it, but with how much I've been getting out of bed and able to do things (which is very low) I'm scared that it won't be worth the pain in the end.
Help?
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: Could use some advice

I don't know about the vacation... I would say do what you can? Don't waste it, maybe being there will make you have a little energy? When I get out of the house I feel a little better... A little stress relief... On the burning lady bits have you checked for IC? My sister has IC with fibro... From what I have read a lot of people with fibro have IC... Just a thought, hope you feel better and hope you take your vacation, it might be good for you

Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Re: Could use some advice

Don't think it's IC. I do pee frequently, but that's something I've done my entire life. There's no pain it with. The burning is at the really soft spongy tissue at the entrance of my vaj, and I can pinpoint the exact spot. I wonder about vulvodynia, but my first doctor shot it down and I haven't talked about it with the new one yet. I've talked to the nurse during my first pap and she did every swab and test she could think of, and then I went to my doctor on Thursday, he did a whole bunch of swabs and a urine test. The urine came back clean for a lot of stuff, and I'm waiting to hear back from the swabs.
I'm hoping to go, but this cold just took an nasty turn. Hard to breathe (the muscles in my chest wall got really tight, normal for me), super dizzy from my sinus' being all clogged, can hardly hear from all the pressure in my ears, nasty hacking cough, post nasal drip, and a headache. This will be the first vacation my fiance and I have taken together, so here's to hoping!
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Last edited by Cerene; 10-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Reply Reply