It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

Faithfully10 HB User
New here - LOTS OF PAIN!

I am new here. Taking lyrica and trying not to take tramadol for pain. I was really hoping to manage pain without any tramadol. Wth hurricane sandy and the crappy weather I feel the same. Pain mostly in my lower back, butt, legs, terrible headache and been feeling a little nauseous. All day I have been telling myself that I can talk myself out of this so I can work tomorrow. UGH I am so sick of my bed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faithfully10 For This Useful Post:
Delokey (11-02-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: New here- LOTS OF PAIN!

Hi Faithfuly and welcome to the boards! There are great people on here! This the place to be when you want to vent or have questions. Many good ideas here. I'm in Jersey so had to go through Sandy too! I take tramadol daily for pain. I also take Lyrica and Savella as well. This weather has been reeking hell with my body too! I have to admit I take 200mg of Tramadol every morning just to get through the day. I know the pain will be coming so my body is pretty well ready for the grief before it takes over my day! I hope you're feeling better soon and fared well through the storm.

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome
I know how ya feel. I used to avoid taking tramadol until the pain was unbearable. My newest Rhumetologist talked me into taking it regularly, so I do. Taking it with IB Profren makes it work better. Doing this helped me get through the summer We had allot going on & I really feel it helped sooo much! Unfortunetly tramadol just takes the edge off, wish it did more. Takes two hrs for it to do anything. Always works best by the 2nd dose. Unfortunety, it's still not enough. I'm looking at going on a more natural med...
Taking a muscle relaxer between doses also helps! Course, I am still like you where I do my best to not take meds much...
You said you have to work tomorrow. Taking tramadol in the am & again 4 hrs later will help you get through the day. You have to learn to tackle it before it gets worst. Be one step ahea of it
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

margie t HB User
Smile Re: New here- LOTS OF PAIN!

Do you know it is really strange when everyone with fibromyalgia has all the other medical conditions, I also have acid reflux,high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoarthritis, tmj, tendinitis, overactive bladder. I read a fibromyalgia book and it confirmed that this causes differnt conditions just think if we did not have fibromyalgia we would probably not have any problems wrong with our health.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #5
(female)

annie193 HB User

Good morning Ladies! I hope you're both feeling better today.I too suffer terribly from the Fibro beast. Neuropathy, to make it difficult to get around. Arthritis in my spine and neck thanks to a childhood injury .I suffer from headaches nonstop . My pain is the worst in my back. It never lets up day or night. I am on Lyrica for my Fibro along with a new pain med.OpER I tried to not take any pain meds, but ended up bed ridden! I recently was rearended in an auto accident that gave my husband and I whip lash and messed up my back even more than it already was! This of course triggered a Fibro Storm to occur that put me in the bed for a few days! It isnt figured out yet how to treat our illness far as I know! Thats why we have to lean on each other for help and support. Pain medication is a must! I find moist heat helps the most for me too. My Physical Therapist uses it during our session's.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: New here - LOTS OF PAIN!

I know, it's tough...
I have nueropathy also. Back injury in 05. Degenerative disk, arthritis, scoliosis. I've managed but did something recently & messed it up. Not taking much to send that shooting pain... I also have severe neck pain still. Have had injurys as a child & years ago wrecked a quad. X-rays show nothing on my neck. I had a dr send a request to my newer primary for a MRI. Both are refusing to file the papers saying the other doctors should. I gave up... Sick of stupid doctors.

Have you looked into Chronic Lyme & Co infections? Also watch the movie "under your skin" on an online movie source I can't name...
I'm positive I have had Lyme & co infections since I was 7 which is now Chronic.
I hope to see a Lyme Litterate Doctor soon.
All my problems point to Lyme. I believe the Nueropathy, Fibro, Fatigue, Derealization (PTSD), Anxiety, Depression, Thyroid issues, Migraines, ect are all caused from Chronic Lyme & co infections. Treatment will help improve but not cure... Anything to feel better rather than worst... I also have nausea & vomiting, dry mouth & eyes, & much much more. All point to Lyme.
I really hope you will look into it & if you have questions let me know
I know it's hard to take Lyme serious. I was told by my mom for years she thought that was what's wrong. Then I had people online telling me the same thing. So I looked into it & makes perfect sense!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Reply Reply