It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

tmrj21706 HB User
Any hunters out there dealing with this?!

Hope this finds you all doing well today! I am curious if there are any hunters here dealing with fibro!? I am going this weekend with my husband and wasn't quite sure what to expect. I am sure the usual pain. However wasn't sure of what else to expect or how others deal with it. Aside from that, I have had the shakes fairly bad today in my hand and my hands/feet get real cold and my fingers/toes are insanely cold and hurt. Any ideas?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: Any hunters out there dealing with this?!

Hi tmrj21076, I used to hunt and ice fish with my husband as well! To say I miss it is an understatement. There is no way I could do it now. The only thing I could suggest is those little hot packs to put in your gloves and boots. They are selling the larger ones as well for your larger body parts if need be. My problem was trying to stay still and those paks usually got too hot! Good luck, good hunting!

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

Delokey HB User
Re: Any hunters out there dealing with this?!

Now with the hunting season almost over you may already have the knowledge you need for next season. But I have been an avid hunter with my husband and have been dealin with my fibro for about 7 years now. I have found if I keep myself as warm as possible, stay bundled and stay on top of my medication, taking it up to 30 min early at least and getting as much rest as possible can make it better. If camping out use a air mattress or regular one of able to transport. But if using an air mattress make sure to place a sleeping bad beneath you to help keep the cool air in the mattress from keeping you cold at night. But honestly for each person you will find many different things will work. I still have my flare ups while out but can minimize the symptoms by listening to my body. Don't force yourself every morning to be out by sun up if you can't the evening hunt an be just as eventful. I hope your hunt was successful and pleasant.

Reply Reply