It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
(female)

aadj926 HB User
New to Fibro..

Hey everyone. I am new to the healthboards as well as being diagnosed with Fibro. I am having a very difficult time accepting that it is only Fibro and Anxiety causing all of this pain. I am only 25 and am in pain everyday, every minute. I have chest, shoulder and arm pain the most. I have recently been getting "attacks" on my rib cage, legs and hips. Originally I was going to the ER every night because I thought I was having a heart attack because I had the symptoms. I panic everytime I have the left arm and chest pain, which just causes everything else to flare up. If my legs hurt; I think I have a blood clot. I think the worst and it is destroying my life. I am on Lyrica and Ativan, but nothing works. I just want to make sure that it is Fibro and someone understands all of this pain that is constant. No one I talk to comprehends the pain and some think I am full of it. Thank you all for reading my rant. Any responses would be appreciated.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User
Re: New to Fibro..

Welcome to the boards ..I too was at the ER several times with chest pain and left arm pain and pain in my jaw as well...clear symptoms of a heart attack! Always sent home with a dx of "anxiety" which I found out when I was diagnosed is part of fibro. I went thru many a xanax before being put on klonopin which is a long acting anti anxiety pill. I have all those feelings you have that there is something really worse..like the pains in my legs are blood clots too. I had so many symptoms that started in my 30's and I just learned to live with it and ended up seeing many many docs before finding a rheumo who finally told me I had fibro. All the docs I did go to would find things like chostochodritis which is an inflammation of the breast bone that would cause spasms in my chest wall and the left arm pain (after cardio testing of course), migraines which were causing trigeminal nerve pain in my face and a herniated disk and degenerative disk disease causing alot of leg and back pain. My husband thought it was all in my head and a very good friend who is a nurse would say she was going to hold a lottery when I died.."what finally killed sue" since I had a different symptom all the time and was constantly at dr's offices. It took almost 20 yrs to finally get the dx of fibro. Exercise ..yoga...calming moments in your day and nice warm aromatherapy wraps and soaks in epsom salt baths help me. I am grateful I found this board and mostly "lurk" around but it is helpful knowing I am not alone..and neither are you..read about lyrica..it makes some feel worse..I tried cymbalta and cant take either. I am so chemically sensitive I am even allergic to aspirin so its hard when I flare and can not take nsaids either. It just plain stinks but I am grateful when I feel good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
(female)

aadj926 HB User
Re: New to Fibro..

Thank you for your response. I find that it is difficult to deal with, especially having four children. I do also feel grateful when I actually have a good day, which seems to be very rare for me. I do work out five days a week because my physician said it would help and it does, but only for a short period of time. Last night I only slept 45 minutes because my leg was hurting so bad. That is another thing that confuses me is it seems to be mostly the left side of my body. My right side does hurt, but it is tolerable. I find it comforting knowing that I am not crazy, but my anxiety has been really high lately as well. I was on xanex and now ativan, but they did nothing for me. I was having episodes where my whole body felt like it had been lit on fire and not knowing how else to react; I panicked like crazy and almost passed out and in turn landing myself in the ER. Have you heard of anyone else having an episode like this; feeling like they are being lit on fire?

Reply Reply

Tags
fibromyalgia