It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

metrishy HB User
Question fibromyalgia

HI there

I have start an exercise programme , but finding 3 sessions a row far too much. Does anyone else feel the need to take things slowly? also, tiredness is becomming a real factor in my life....It seems I can only just get up work, then come home and go to bed!
I sometimes take Duromine just so that I can get thing done.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: fibromyalgia

Hi, going slow is the best thing you could do for yourself. Starting any exercise program in baby steps is best for many of us who suffer from FM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrishy View Post
HI there

I have start an exercise programme , but finding 3 sessions a row far too much. Does anyone else feel the need to take things slowly? also, tiredness is becomming a real factor in my life....It seems I can only just get up work, then come home and go to bed!
I sometimes take Duromine just so that I can get thing done.
I can exercise 2-3 days in a row and then I need a day to not exercise. However it took me awhile to be able to do that. Start slow, don't overdo and plan to rest also. My best to you.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Exercise is always too much for me this time of year because my energy goes into getting stuff done. Well, energy I don't have anyways lol
Overdoing it will make the fatigue worst. Even during my best months I know I need rest. It's like charging a battery.... If you don't rest you can't charge so the battery keeps draining till there is nothing left & you can't do anything...
When I have been better I started slowly. My Rhum said to start at exercising for 5 mins, but that wasn't enough so I start at 15 mins. You have to slowely work up. When at my best I have a hard time stopping, I wanna keep pushing & go as long as I can. Then if I can I'd exercise 3 days in a row, then pay for it all! Unfortunetly our bodies don't tell us it's too much until much later...
If your working, be proud of yourself you are doing that! I haven't been able to in 3 yrs. I focus on raising our 4 kids, storing home grown food we grow, ect. Even that's too much lol
Just have to learn your limits & do what is most important. I've have to learn to just let some things go.. The bathroom mirrors will still have tooth paist on them tomorrow... Those dishes can wait till tomorrow, laundry will still be there later... I am lucky that 3 o my kids help with chores though
Fatigue is a huge part of fibro. Course I was also told I had CFS also... But you may be noticing you are more exhausted because its your body's way of saying you need to slow down...
I agree with Blue... Ask for a blood test for Sjogrens. When you have Fibro you are supposed to be tested for stuff like Lupus or RA yearly... But they don't usually run tests for Sjogrens unless they think they should. People have been tested positive even though thy never had dry eyes or mouth issues... It's just a simple blood test Course it's not 100% accurate so if you feel that it's a possibility & the test is negative a lip biopsy is the most accurate...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
(female)

sasrei7 HB Usersasrei7 HB User

For sure take things slowly, pushing yourself can make it really hard the next day. For me it varies I can have days when I can go out and excersise every day to then I can pay for it if I overdo it, some days just getting up can be really hard when im that exausted. Have you tried yoga? Even water excersises can help especially if you have alot of pain. Excersise is really important with fibro so try just 15 mins every 2 days at first and see how it goes, even walking is a really good form of excersise if you feel so exausted.

Reply Reply