It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

ArmyMomHughes HB User
Misc Fibro Questions

Hello. I was diagnosed with Fibro last month and given celebrex. I've talked to several other people who have fibro and get a jaw dropping stare when I them them I only use celebrex as needed, per drs. orders. I was doing better but recently had dental work (3 cavities refilled) and now my mouth constantly aches, can't chew much and my teeth ache. Dentist says everything looks fine. I needed double the pain meds to get numb too. I was told if it wasn't better in a week to come back and he'll redo the fillings. Anyone have any info on how to get rid of tooth pain and get my mouth back to normal? It might be good for my diet, but this is miserable.

Have a few misc questions too.

Also anyone else have issues with a yeast infection that comes and goes randomly? It never seems to turn into a full blown infection and even with treatment didn't go away.

How do you treat blood sugar issues? Mine has dropped in the last year and I often get low blood sugar and crave sugar too.

I used to be a morning person, but now I am tired (exhausted even after 8 hours) in the mornings and wide awake at night and can't sleep.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Misc Fibro Questions

hi ArmyMom, I wish celebrex would work. NSAIDS just plain old don't cut it for me. Besides that they are hell on my stomach and am better off without them. I take a small cocktail of scripted meds, vitamins and herbals.

For the tooth pain small tiny amounts of clove bud oil on the affected teeth, or Cajuput oil. Or you can alternate between the 2.

I don't struggle with yeast infection, but I also take probiotics daily and that helps keep them away. Sugars good but geeze can I sleep. Never was a morning girl but any less than 9 or 10 hours sleep and I'm useless.

Welcome to our little corner of the fibro world.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi and welcome,
while you are treating yourself also ask your doctor for a blood test for sjogrens disease. it causes tooth problems, i've had 17 root canals. and yeast problems. my teeth are all gone now and i have a beautiful smile tho i still get phantom tooth aches.
ask your dentist also to check your acid/ph balance and moisture secretions. it took me 15 years to figure it out and then demand the test. there are some meds out there for sjogrens but i cannot take them. i tried.
i wish you the best and please know you have my deepest empathy on the tooth pain. it's hades times a billion!
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

ArmyMomHughes HB User

Bluelakelady I do not have Sjogrens (I have HLA B27+ issues though). I will ask about the acid/ph balance and moisture secretions though. I was told my teeth pain is probably nerve pain from the Novocaine.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Blood work isn't the most accurate for Sjogrens... A lip biopsy is the most accurate for testing... May be worth looking into...
Prob talk to your doctors about a pain med. I do ok with tramadol 100mg 2x daily & also a muscle relaxer. You can take a muscle relaxer during the day which helps with pain & another at night will put you right to sleep
Right now I have something else going on, I deal with allot of vomiting. Had a GI ultra sound which was normal & get a abdominal ultrasound tomorrow. But once we figure out what's going on I may look into a more "natural" medication... Just a thought...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi armymom, I don't take a lot of pain meds for fibro either. I take a muscle relaxer and ibuprofen. I do however take prednisone for other auto immune problems and I think that may help some with the fibro. I have tried lots of things, but prefer vitamins, exercise, diet and as little meds as possible.
I too deal with the blood sugar issues, but the only help I have been able to get so far is from diet. My endo so far says my HA1c results are fine. Believe me I still deal with the problems, none of it is solved yet. I too crave sugar.
Can't help you with the yeast infections, don't have a problem with that. Sleep however I can tell you about.....giggle. I have a serious problem with falling asleep, so I take an ambien with my muscle relaxers. But yes, I have to sleep 9 to 10 hrs. a night and even then the fatigue is there. I usually do ok in the morning, but by 1 or 2pm I'm done. I'm not saying I have energy in the morning, I am just able to do the things necessary most days. Lack of energy and fatigue for me is just as bad, if not worse, then the pain. Not sure I helped here.

Glojer

Reply Reply