It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

Anaya764 HB User
prenatal vitamins to boost sevella

I just picked up my Rxs & realized my dr prescribed Levomefolate DHA, prenatal vitamins, to boost the effects of the Sevella. Is this normal???
I don't have a need for prenates b/c I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago.
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: prenatal vitamins to boost sevella

Never heard of it... If you find any answers left me know, I'm on Savella also
Prenatal vitamins are so good for you! I need to get some! Our meds really deplete us & make us easily deficient... They'll make your hair & nails grow strong & healthy! I'd take them if I were you...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I would say it is not normal. I tried Savella and it is not the drug for me. I also have had a hysterectomy and have never been prescribed prenatal vitamins for anything but my two pregnancies. Maybe you could ask the pharmacist if it is normal to do or call your docs office and ask why he prescribed them. If you had blood work done, perhaps something showed up that the doc wants you to take them.

Glojer

Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
(female)

Anaya764 HB User

He said boosting my vitamin b would help my body absorb the Sevella. I am vitamin B & D & chronic anemic. But last blood work in August showed levels had gone up.
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I give myself vitamin B shots every month, they really help me. I know they didn't do anything to help the savella. I also take OTC vit D. I was on prescription D for a while to bring up the levels. I really hope savella works for you, everybody is different and I always say whatever works and keeps you up and going.....well then do it, use it, whatever you need to do to it.....giggle.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
Anaya764 (11-15-2012)
Reply Reply