It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

ALittleLoopy HB UserALittleLoopy HB User
Question Where does your Fibro Flair Pain hurt most?

I'm going through a flair right now, and in addition to my arms being un-touchable due to searing pain, all across my entire back I have ribbons of searing fire-type pain. I whole body aches in addition to my searing arms and back, but this is weird for me. My daughter and I both had bad reactions to the flu shot (she's been in a constant migraine since 10-22-12 & both of us have what the doc calls psudo-flu). In addition to this real or psudo flu, I'm far more useless than normal, have had to pull out the white-chocolate chips (the pleasure endorphins DO help with pain, but have put BACK ON the hard fought 80 pound loss). I' trying so hard to loose weight, but when the Lyrica + 4x my perscribed narcotic meds don't touch the pain all I can do is curl up in bed. I've had a low-grade fever (99.8-100.9) most of the time for the past 3 weeks, and... well I needed somewhere to vent, and to ask if this is typical of other's pain patterns. I used to see clearly across my upper arms and chest, a CLEARLY defined red swash about 8-10inches wide that accompanied my pain, so this is a bit off for me. I'd LOVE to hear from others how attacks hit you, and does this sound like normal fibro?

Old 11-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
(female)

ALittleLoopy HB UserALittleLoopy HB User
Smile Re: Where does your Fibro Flair Pain hurt most?

Ugh! I feel I was a bit of a whiner last night!!! Short and sweet, what I really would love to hear is what fibro feels like for others - where it hurts, what the pain is like, what type of daily pain (and where) vs the pain of flair-up (where and what it is like).

I've lived with RSD/CRPS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome) which is a severe chronic pain disorder since I was 18 and I'm still trying to get a grip/understanding of listening to my body and recognizing the pain of Fibro vs RSD vs flu... etc. I know that this may sound dumb, but I'd really love to hear and learn from others what they experience, and if possible, what things help vs make fibro flairs worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Where does your Fibro Flair Pain hurt most?

Hi Loopy, Glad you are feeling a bit better today. I'm afraid that my reply may not be a big help. You'll soon learn that Fibro hits many of us differently. My pains vary from being flu like achyness to stabbing to a heavy wide spread pain. Combine that with muscle spasms, constant rib pain and fatigue. I find that the pain travels and teases. Just when you think there is no place left to hurt the little FM monster finds a new one!

I don't get any rashes with the pain, but after reading a little on the RSD, that does include a rash. Also so does Lupus.

What helps? nothing completely. but most normal fibro days are more tolerable than a flare up. You'll learn the difference. I take cymbalta for now. Tried Lyrica but we did not get along well at all. Also muscle relaxers and Tramadol. Add a cocktail of vitamins and herbs and it does help some. Exercise and sleep help, keeping stress levels low and avoiding activities that set off pain flares and trying to not over do anything. Sorry you had to join this little world of fibro. It takes time to figure it all out. You have a good attitude wanting to understand it all and that is half the battle.

Reply Reply