It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
(female)

ALittleLoopy HB UserALittleLoopy HB User
Anyone have a Fibro flair a flu vaccine?

Both my daughter and I got sick after our flu vaccines in September, and I just chalked it up to, going through what the nurse said, you may feel a bit sick after the shot. Well, it's now November, and both of us are STILL sick! My 16 year old has been hit with a severe and unrelenting migraine since Oct 22, and for me, my whole body aches (like a bad flu), my trapizoid and neck are horribly knotted, and I have searing hot and razor sharp burning pain following the muscles all across my back. I've been trying many different cocktails of meds, and the best combo I've found so far for me is Lyrica + Flexeral +Motrin (and maybe 1 or 2 Demerol). My poor daughter has had no relief, and we were afraid for her, as last year she was hospitalized last year for 2 weeks with an intractable migraine that hit in September and ran until February, so we've been VERY worried for her. (BTW, they discharged her with no relief, as no migraine protocol nor narcotic treatment worked, and all testing came back fine.)

Anyway, last year in desperation, I took her to a local chiropractor who also features an Allergy Relief Center in his office, and after treating her for the 23 allergies, she was cured! She had been migraine free since Feb 2012, and when she was hit again with the pain, we took her (and me) today, and found that we both are allergic to vaccines and the various components they include (formaldehyde, bacteria, etc. ...).

Please note, I'm NOT suggesting anyone skip vaccines:

I just wanted to share that my flu vaccine seems to have triggered my latest Fibro flair. I was treated today, so I'll keep you posted to see if the treatment can turn down the Fibro volume. I would never have thought a vaccine could cause so much pain and damage.

(Also, another BTW, I went through the same treatments as my daughter last year and while it worked for her, it helped my migraines, but not my Fibro.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Anyone have a Fibro flair a flu vaccine?

hi,
i am so sorry you both had that reaction. unfortunatly some people are allergic to all the other crap in the shot.
when i was young i had the same type migraines, was hospitalized twice with spinal tap for menengitis. release with no relief. i grew out of them just like the doc said i might. have not had on in 25 years. hope your daughter outgrows them too.
peace to you both,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
ALittleLoopy (11-13-2012)
Reply Reply