It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

rosesnbloom HB User
Left sided pain... fibro... and yeast.

I recently wrote about my left sided pain. I appreciate everyone who gave advice. At the time of being treated for another yeast infection (vaginal) another UTI and now them wanting to run a colonoscopy and endoscopy.. I also was suffering with a white tounge that was swollen at which time she stated it was a fungal infection. I started researching just what that kind of thrush or fungal infection was.. come to find out its cause by a yeast or candida infection.. I hope I spelt that right. It can also infect the intestines.. so now im wondering If this is whats taking place... Just thought Id throw this out there to see how many of you with fibromyalgia ever suffer with this.
rosesnbloom

Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User
Wink Re: Left sided pain.. fibro.. and yeast.

Hi ..I am prone to having yeast infections and also have IBS..was told to start taking a good quality probiotic which is great for both. My daughter had a very bad yeast infection in her stomach which went up into her mouth too...fluconozone (sp?) did the trick but also started on probiotics after that too. No recurrence for her. I have just started the probiotics so we shall see if it helps but I can already see a difference in my IBS and stomach emptying issues..its working!! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
(female)

rosesnbloom HB User
Re: Left sided pain.. fibro.. and yeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesmom88 View Post
Hi ..I am prone to having yeast infections and also have IBS..was told to start taking a good quality probiotic which is great for both. My daughter had a very bad yeast infection in her stomach which went up into her mouth too...fluconozone (sp?) did the trick but also started on probiotics after that too. No recurrence for her. I have just started the probiotics so we shall see if it helps but I can already see a difference in my IBS and stomach emptying issues..its working!! Good luck!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
(female)

rosesnbloom HB User
Re: Left sided pain... fibro... and yeast.

Could you explain more about what kind of probiotic you are taking? Never heard of it but willing to try anything. Today the pain is really minimal.. Im so thankful for that, but I am on an antibiotic plus that junk they make me swish around in my mouth. If this is indeed a yeast infection in the intestines, Im hoping it will complelty dissapate before surgery. Thanks for your input.
Rosesnbloom

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User

Hi..I will do my best to describe what a probiotic is...in our intestines we have both good and bad bacteria that help digest, keep up our immune systems and lots of other things..google it..you will find out more than I can write in this reply. When you take antibiotics or are stressed or ill the balance of the bacteria in our systems goes off. Alot of times the good bacteria can not do its job. A probiotic is actually "alive"..like the cultures in yogurt and that activia product which I dont recommend..tried it..upset my stomach. I have a great guy here at a health food store that gave me a brand that was very expensive but as I said..is working after just a few days. No more waking up feeling like the food from last nights dinner is still in my gut and the IBS is fine so far. It also helps support immune health. My bro in law is really into supplements and he uses "Pro 8" which he orders from Swanson vitamins but is also available from stores..as I said..google it ..you will be amazed. Your gastro doc may also have a better explaination than I can give you. My doc always told me to eat yogurt when on antibiotics..and now I know why..they kill the good "flora" in our guts.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessiesmom88 For This Useful Post:
rosesnbloom (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
(female)

rosesnbloom HB User

My problem is weird, I cant do yougurt, cause it causes yeast infections.. even my dr. couldnt believe it till she ran the test. I will google more about this though maybe i can figure something out..
rosesnbloom

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

rose, is it possible you have to much yeast in your system? not just a yeast infection?
If so that is commonly called Candida. Google search "to much yeast in body" and you can read up on it and learn how to control it with diet.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
rosesnbloom (11-20-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User

I suffer from it also. It seems almost monthly. I bought my probotics from the healthfood store also, it is refrigerated, highest live cultures available. I had the coated swollen tongue and yeast infection.

I had taken 5... yes 5 of the difucan and it had NO effect. I started taking the probotics and it improved greatly. I don't even bother wasting my money on the pills or creams.

I tried Swansons, I buy lots of suppliments from there, but it just didn't attack the yeast the same as the other stuff. I also suffer from IBS type attacks since I had my gallbladder removed and it was suggested to take the probotic if I have a heavy meal and it will help it. It worked.

I have been put on a diet that is just impossible. No sugar! No fruits! No breads, Carbs.. it feeds the yeast. Therefore, it never really clears up.I am trying.

I get the pain you are having. Mine is right side and so so painful.

If you do the yogurt, buy plain with live cultures. If you buy it with fruit, it is just adding sugar to feel the yeast. Counterproductive.

The Following User Says Thank You to tam090 For This Useful Post:
rosesnbloom (11-21-2012)
Reply Reply