It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

Jess124 HB User
new painful symptoms

Hi everyone
Its been a while since Ive been here! Still dealing with fibro. About two weeks ago I woke up to shoulder pain in between my shoulder blades. Ive had shoulder pain off and on for years but not in between blades. My chostocondritis also is horrible at the same time which is funny bc that's been good for a long time. The pain is sharp and stabbing at times and then a constant ache. It hurts to sit, even on the soft couch. Driving really seems to aggravate it. I can sleep with it but it takes a while to get comfortable. Ice seems to help, heat can irritate it at times. Usually heat helps me so this is all new and unusual for me.
I researched it and of course heart attack and cancers come up which made me nervous. I went to my primary Dr. she said I was having palpitations while listening to my heart. She did an EKG which was normal. She said it was just palpitations and not to worry. I think I made myself so worked up I began having the palpitations at the Dr.s office. She also sent me for X rays. The Xrays showed some slight curve of spine and that my L shoulder was an inch above my R. The radiologist told me that the shoulder could cause the pain in my chest. Ive had GERD in the past and that's been acting up also (agian could be stress or maybe even the cause?) so my Dr. Told me to take Prilosec for a couple months. Since then I began taking my flexeril to help since I can feel my upper back is very tight and maybe I am having spasms. Its not doing much to relieve the pain. Is the shoulder blade pain a symptom of Fibro? I know my anxiety is making everything worse but I am nervous this new pain is something even worse then fibro. I am sorry this is so long
Jess

Last edited by Jess124; 11-21-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: new painful symptoms

hi jess,
take a deep breath and let it out slowly. you are fine. you have pain. welcome to fibro. it's this way for the rest of your life. weird pains, weird symptoms, etc. the only thing you can do is relax. you are not going to die today, probably not tomorrow, so focus on adapting and not freaking out. it took me a bit to learn that one. every new ache or pain freaked me out. not now. i know that i cannot know how i am going to feel on any given day so i wait till it comes and make the most of it.
if i have a new pain that does not go away within a few days i do bug my doc to check it out. she get's mad that i don't come more often, like every time i fall. get real! sorry doc, no way. i know if i am hurt badly or not. waste of time to show off bruises, ya know?
so chill out, breath, enjoy the day. let go of your fear, toss it into the sky.
oh, and learn to laugh at yourself for the silly worry things you do think. i crack me up sometimes with the things my brain comes up with.
much peace,
bluelakelady

Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

sasrei7 HB Usersasrei7 HB User

Stress will increase the pain you feel, have you thought about talking to a psychiatrist about helping your anxiety? Id reccommend doing a cognitive behaviour therapy group, it would really help your anxiety and help you learn techniques that will help you cope. I know the pains can be a bit scary and its hard to figure out if its fibro or not as people do tend to have different types of issues with fibro or have added issues as well. It can be a bit frustrating with fibro days can vary what doesnt bug you for weeks and weeks all of a sudden hits you hard. Try not to freak out about things and if you notice that one certain thing continues to bother you for sure ask your doctor about but take each day in stride.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User

Hi Jess124..I joined the board recently and am finding that all the weird aches and pains I have are like so many others here. I am so glad I joined and foud out I am not losing my mind and to relax and accept that Fibro is real and not something that is "all in my head". I have read that shoulder pain can be a part of fibro...especially frozen shoulder which I have. I have weird pains in between my shoulder blades too and chostochondritis and Gerd and I swear that all that combined add to the pain in my left side. It comes and goes and there is no telling when it will act up. Sometimes my hubby will go to hug me and my reaction is to pull back because he likes to give me a good squeeze and a neck rub just to be nice. Its hard cause it is a habit with him and it kind of hurts his feelings but hurts me physically..keep telling him to stop touching my shoulders. I also have palpitations too.... As bluelakelady said..relax...its fibro

Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
(female)

Jess124 HB User

Thanks everyone for your replies! I went back to my doctor and she is referring me to a orthopedist for the shoulder, prescribed me tramadol for the pain and upped my prilosec for the GERD. I took a tramadol today for the pain and it didnt help much. YIKES! Normal everyday things like showering, shaving my legs, washing dishes, etc is so painful for the shoulder. I've never experienced pain this bad that has lasted this long and I've had fibro for 10 years (it is very moderate though and I dont take any meds for it except flexeril and advil for it when needed)
Now with my GERD so bad I am limited in what pain medications I can take which is a major bummer.
Thanks again for helping me, hearing others having similiar pain helps me out!
I have relaxed and stopped worrying about it so much so that helps, no more palpitations
Jess

Reply Reply