It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User
Anyone try Viibryd?

It's the holiday season once again and I'm not feeling like myself. I'm low on emotions/behavior and just straight out don't care, so I'm thinking on going back on an antidepressant.

A friend of mine had mentioned that she had been on Viibryd for the past year and she absolutely loves it! I've never seen her so happy and full of life. I've tried Cymbalta and Savella and now I'm considering this new drug. Now, she doesn't have FMS, so I'm here to see if anyone here has tried it and if it helped in anyway.

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Anyone try Viibryd?

sorry dear i am one of the few who do not suffer with depression. i have never heard of it so am no help at all. just want to say, if you think it is worth a try do your research and talk to your doctor about it. also have never heard of it mentioned here on the boards and i have been here for many years.
i am so glad i do not do holidays. seems to bother so many people. i put out my peace sign and that's it. i'd have it up all year but my brother gets bothered by the cord, giggle.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
(male)

Sethrict HB User
Re: Anyone try Viibryd?

Hi, I was prescribed Viibryd around 2 months ago to treat an anxiety/depression symptom linked to my official diagnosis, which is ADHD. From your post, it sounds like you may be describing common symptoms of seasonal depression. From what I understand, although I have not been officially diagnosed with anxiety or depression, some of the anxiety and depression style symptoms I experience, would also be similar to what someone with seasonal depression could also experience. My doctor started me on an incremental increase in dose plan, starting at 10 MG, and gradually building up to 40 MG over the first month. Since then, I have requested being taken down to 20 MG, as 40 MG seemed overly powerful for my needs. Overall, I have been pleased with Viibryd's efficacy. Since I have started taking it, I worry less; I also seem to be more comfortable and natural around people. Negative symptoms of the medication for me have been increased appetite and minor sexual disfunction (the latter symptom, my doctor felt was very rare). The question I suggest asking yourself is whether or not your depression is seasonal, or experienced more generally throughout the year. If it is only seasonal, because it is recommended to gradually start and discontinue taking Viibryd, your doctor may recommend a medication that can start and stop more quickly (although from what I understand, most depression/anxiety medication treatments start and stop like Viibryd treatments).

Best of luck!

Reply Reply