It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Finally!!!

So my mri came back and while the results scare me senseless I found my pain source! I have 5 herniated discs in my thoracic spine. I researched and appearantly a herniated disc in this area happens to 1 person in 1 million people in America per year and it is usually closer to the lumbar area... mine is high up in T1-2 T3-4 T4-5 T5-6 and T 8-9 scared I will have an mri if my cervical and lumbar soon and a nerve damage test Wednesday. My chest pain! My rib pain! My back and neck! My aches and pains! There is an explaination on top of the fibro! The doc said fibro probably caused by the pain from the spine... now they are taking me seriously! No more " your too young to have all these problems" or " its anxiety and stress" kind of want to punch my GP in the face! Love you all xoxo thanks for being here for me through my searches I guess I'm in for a long road

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: Brookietrip
catkaru (12-10-2012), mom477 (12-09-2012), momroe60 (12-09-2012), thesweetlife (12-09-2012), WoodsWalker (12-10-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Finally!!!

hi kiddo,
so glad to hear you have answers. pity they are yucky ones. surgery on the back is such a crapshoot. glad you are getting proper care and please go ahead and verbally punch your doc in the head. he messed up and should be accountable for his mistakes. a humble apology is in order. i hope he has the brains to say it.
make sure before you do anything to get 3 opinions of your mri's. look for the best doc in your state and go there. if you have to leave state do it. you can research them online and get some great info on them before you waste your time.
if i remember right there is a place you can go where patients rate a doctor. always good to have a read. remember 1 in however many have issues worse after surgery and if you are that 1 it's not a pretty ride.
good luck, you have a lot to think about and learn yet. be here for ya lil sis.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (12-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Glad you got some answers, even if they are not good news. It is the not knowing that frustrates so bad. Doctors must take a course in how to have an excuse if your a bad doctor. You got the your too young statement and I get the your not getting any younger statement. They either blame things on being too young or too old. I'm still battling a bit, but I'm too old and have learned too much to take anything off a doofus doc. Like Blue, I hope you get an apology.
By the way, I have a thoracic spine bulged disc. I didn't know it was so rare. I would have to look up my paperwork to find out which ones are bulged, but I don't have as many as you so I'm not going to do that. Good Luck with all this and yes, please get another opinion or two.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (12-10-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User

Happy for you to have an answer! I hope you can receive treatment that will truly help you.
I also have issues with my thoracic vertebrae in the same locations. Mine is the *result* of a surgery, which left me with issues, including open discs in the wrong place, which can be bulged. It hurts, I know. I have been having to lie down quite a bit, then get up again.

I hope all goes well for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chicabellarox For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

It's kind of bittersweet, but your persistence was warranted. Some day drs will realize even those of us with fibro can have other issues. I'm glad you got some answers even if it's not what you wanted to hear. Like blue said, research your drs because it's very likely they'll suggest surgery to fix you and that in itself is a tough decision.

Stay as comfortable as you can

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

Uh is this nothing? My husband is already tired of hearing about my pain and fears... kind of brushing it off like he did the fibro I don't think he understands what might be in store for me and he also doesn't want to hear any of it I asked him to come to my nerve test so he could understand, he laughed and rolled his eyes... lonely still if I have to have surgery ir surgeries I am so afraid of my healing process... he cant be there for me now so will he be here for me then? Sad....

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Brookietrip
Glojer (12-11-2012), WoodsWalker (12-11-2012)
Reply Reply