It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
(female)

joyce12963 HB User
CSF leak is the exact cause for FMS triggered by auto accident

FMS after an accident is the same as chronic whiplash associated disorder (WAD). The exact cause is officially unknown, but it is CSF leak for WAD according to one reasearch, a landmark research to me, but not to doctors. I was deaf on the right side and could not hear well on the left side two years after the accident. I did figure out the exact cause myself, but had very hard time to convince doctors because CSF leaks are considered rare in medical communities even though the exact cause for many conditions are unknown (CFS, FMS, migraine, MS, AI, Pakinson). It will not change any time soon, maybe not for another 50 yrs and a lot of people will continue to suffer.

I do not mean to scare anyone here, just keep in mind that physical exertion is the last thing you should do if you have a leak. But if the leak is bad and the opening pressure is 60 mm H2O or lower, the deaf rate is 50 %.

For my case, it felt like that I tore at the same site in the Dura over and over again, and each time was worse than the previous cycle. If your syptoms do not get worse after you run or play tennis, You probably do not have a Leak. I am glad what is exactly wrong with me is confirmed, and hope the information can help others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply