It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Eye vision issues

I think others have mentioned this, but don't remember. Last night bottom half of the vision in my left eye is all shadowy. Can't see anything below a certain level of vision. Today it almost seems like the eye is covered at times. Very weird

Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Eye vision issues

get your fanny to an opthamologist please. that is not fibro nor something to ignore. may i ask what meds you take? some meds can cause visual issues. still best to see your eye doc abou this.
i have had 4 eye surgeries so vision is a biggie to me. giggle.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
mom477 (12-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

You need to see an eye doctor or go to the ER URGENTLY. Anything that makes your vision 'shadowy' or patchy needs to be attended to immediately. It might just be a migraine (there's a thing called an 'optic migraine' which is painless and temporarily affects your vision)- or it could be a problem with your optic nerve or retina which could make you permanently blind if it's not fixed asap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaji For This Useful Post:
mom477 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I don't have ins that covers eye doctors or money to pay for it. The shadowy part has went away. Get blurry vision on and off. I am taking cymbalta, tramadol, and ranitidine

Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i do understand the insurance thing. go see your doc that is covered and see what you can do from there. do you use eye drops? have you been tested by a blood test for sjogrens disease? are you diabetic?
often a doctor can get ins to pay for things not otherwise covered if there is a medical reason the company will allow. worth a try.
peace,
blue
if it happens again go to e.r. does your ins. cover that? there are many services in e.r. that you cannot get otherwise due to ins. coverage. there is always an eye doc on call too!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Think I will try my reg doctor. Blurry vision is becoming more frequent and only in left eye. Every now and then there's a mucous discharge. It isn't pink eye or conjinctivis. Have had those before

Reply Reply