It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #31
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: This may be the time... coming off Cymbalta

grettings all,
so glad the way this thread is bringing out the other side of meds and desperation decisions. always a bad idea sis! giggle.
i am so pleased it's going well for you. thanks for the offer of flesh but that i have hanging everywhere from being big all my life. i was just joking yesterday and said if i took off all the extra flesh i would weigh 90lbs. paint a pretty picture don't it?
i do understand the yin/yang of your emotions about my weight sis. it still blows my mind. heck of a way to get what ya wish for tho, giggle.
be out of town for the weekend so be back monday. leaving tomorrow.
beloved glojer please kiss that sweet little girl for me. i am so glad everything went well and mom and baby are healthy.
kudos to those who have popped in to share their story of getting off this med.
peace,
blue
ps. blush, hi treach and thank you for your kind words. i am humbled. ww and i are name sisters not blood but ya know after knowing each other so long here she is my sis for real in my heart.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 01-31-2013 at 07:15 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
treach76 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

OK, this is the 3rd attempt! I guess me and computers aren't getting along today LOL

IT was earlier, and I don't recall exactly what I said.

But do remember that I thanked all of you for the support and encouragement.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-01-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi All, So glad I read this thread! The first drug I was prescribed with was Cymbalta. The second day i took it the sweat was pouring out of me so much that I had to keep hydrating myself to the point of spending most of the day in the bathroom! I called my Doc first thing and told him I was not going to take anymore. Thank God I stopped it right then. I have taken drugs and gone through the side affects that come with them for a few weeks and made it through. But this one for some reason was not the one. This was back in 2007 when he referred me to a Rheumy. Needless to say things have def changed! I now take....Lyrica, Savella and a muscle relaxer and am in a good place with my fibro management. I think there is something else but I just can't put my finger on it right now...dang I hate when that happens! Oh yeah it's Tramadol for pain. I am happy with this right now. I know eventualy things will change but right now I am dealing. I hope you find the right cocktail for you. Takes some time but well worth the work and pain.

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The following user gives a hug of support to catkaru:
pam8024 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hi Cat, Sounds like you found your happy place in the FM world. I hope it stays that way for you. Those sweats are awful. The sweats are just one of the reason I decided to stop the Cymbalta. Soon as the temps hit above 65 my body went into water mode if I moved. Even broke out in sweats washing dishes and we know how physical that is lol.

This drop in dose left me feeling a little light headed yesterday but so far seems a little less today. Had a little bout with IBS last night, hard to say if it's the normal for me or the drop in dose.
My back hurts like crazy in the mornings and lingers a little longer. if I'm finding anything out at all it's that cymbalta did much more for my back pain than it did for the FM. I guess I'll just use the TENS more at night while sleeping because now way am I going backwards.

Sending you all a little piece of my new found energy.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
(female)

pam8024 HB User

Hello WW, just a quick question . . . what do you mean "TENS" at night? Thanks!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

I use a TENS unit, Trans-dermal Electrical Nerve Stimulation it's a device that sends electrical impulses to patches that are worn where it hurts, in my case my back. If you search on it you can find out more in detail. I have been using one for back pain for a long time and does help mask the pain so I can move and do more than I can without it. I wear it when I know I'll be active, walking long distances or on my feet for long periods. If my back hurts and keeps me from getting a good nights sleep I also use it then. It's not perfect but i like not putting a ton of pain killers into my body, unless I have to.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #37
(female)

pam8024 HB User

WW: I would love to ask you more about this and discuss. Could you post info about TENS?

Last edited by moderator2; 02-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

pam,

There isn't a whole lot more to say about the TENS that I can add off the top of my head. You'll get way better info about it than I can give by searching it in google or whatever search you prefer. Also ask your Dr if it's something that will benefit you. I got mine thru my Orthopedic Dr that I see for my back.

I have used it on my upper back to tame some evil muscle spasms, but no place else.
You can find placement charts on line as well. The one other place I'd love to use it is my ribs for the costo but being electrical shocks you can't place it near your heart
or it could throw it off rhythm and cause even bigger problems.

As for the drop in cymbalta, still a little light headed but it's easing. I couldn't be more happy about how this is going so far. It sure beats a hard withdrawal in my eyes. But I keep waiting for things to go south. This takes longer than cold turkey and from everything I have read I am glad I chose this route.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
pam8024 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #39
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi ww,
just want you to know i am following your thread but not commenting as you have gathered about you those who need this thread. wanted to say i am cheering you on and so glad it is going well for you. deepest empathy to all on this thread.
i love how a thread starts and suddenly there everyone is who needs this subject addressed.
awesome!
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
Soulfullone (02-06-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Ditto what Blue said!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks my friends, I know you're out there. It does feel good to know you're watching over me.
No changes to report. Fought off a migraine this morning, I won the fight . Score 1 for me!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Score a big one for you. We have rainy icky weather here now and I just keep a good sinus headache at bay all the time. To win over a migraine....hooray for you.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #43
Facilitator
(female)

jumping for joy and dancing my happy dance just for you girl!!! i am so glad you won out over a migraine. used to get those years ago. they were hades. off to play with 2 of my daughters today and tonight. need it after last weekend and having to say goodbye to my son for a while. he has chosen a path i will not walk with him. the self pity, poor me bit. realized he has chosen his fathers path not mine. such is life.
hi glojer old girl! we are here for you ww as always. we love you!
peace,
blue

Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well it's day 2 of another drop, 40 pesky little white balls removed. I think I'm noticing a pattern with each dose drop. It did not click until yesterday. With each dose drop I get a first day IBS attack like crazy and it only lasts that day (whew) and about puts me on the floor with stomach pains. 3 mondays in a row this has happened. Today stomach is ok, feel a little spacy but not overwhelming.

Sis, walking away from your son is the best thing for both of you. Enabling will only make it worse. Big gentle hug for you.
Glo, get ready, I'm thinking this is going to be one heck of a sinus/allergy season this spring. I'm going to stock up on tissue!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #45
Facilitator
(female)

hi ww,
one day is not so bad with ibs. glad it's only one day. giggle. how is your emotional and mental state doing? you sound good.
thanks for the cudos on the kid. with fibro i cannot cope with that sort of treatment and i won't. i don't just talk the talk i walk it too. i feel so much better it's amazing. what a weight off my heart and mind.
so how many little balls of stuff are left now? giggle, i can just see you saying what? count the rest? you crazy? giggle.
peace and hugs,
blue
ps. already got hit here by allergies. doc says i'm wheezing again. duh?

Reply Reply