It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #61
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: This may be the time... coming off Cymbalta

greetings artsib,
i am glad you understand your body needs this sleep. i often go thru those aspects of fibro, and you know i have been fibro drug free for 14 years.
are you able to be creative even if only within your mind? i find imaginary creating fun when i am abed. i can make anything in my imagination, giggle.
to q and treach, deepest empathy and welcome to our family of love.
peace,
blue

Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #62
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i love watching you reclaim yourself. it is empowering to get back to the real you and see just what you do feel. that magic day i do remember!
hugs and giggles,
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Thought I'd check in. It's been a crappy week for me, not sure if I'm fighting a bug a flare or withdrawal symptoms..damn, they are all alike. Got the chills and a bit of sore throat today so I'm going for the bug today, yesterday i'd of guessed a flare.

So I'm up to removing 75 of those pesky little white balls this week..what a PIA that is. I split it up into 2 sessions, lost the top to one. I think one of the dogs ate it when it got knocked to the floor as I was going for it. At least it wasn't the half with the meds in it. Monday starts 90, yes 90 this is insane! If I'm still feeling crappy I may delay the 90 a day or 2.

Wishing you all pain free days.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #64
Facilitator
(female)

hiya girl,
sorry you are feeling cruddy. who knows what starts it? we are moving closer to the sun as we swing into spring. that may have something to do with it. i looked for your thread yesterday and for the life of me could not find it. just wanted to say hi and let ya know i am hugging my friend redwood tree for your healing freedom.
i wonder if you could call the manufacturer of the med and ask them how many little balls are in each pill? i would love to hear their reaction to that one, big giggle.
love and healing peace my artistic sib,
blue

Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

g'moanin sis! Keep hugging your friend , thanks. Todays a little better not quite as achy in the body but still not right. Headachy, a little nausea and head spins. Feels like the kind of spin that you get when you drink to much. Nap with a foot on the floor and a hand on the wall, maybe that will hold me steady LOL. Took a 4hr nap yesterday may do the same today.

I kind of wonder if they even know how many are in there. I'm getting close to finding out. Doesn't look like there's much more in there. It looks like I'm removing over half the content.

Seeing as I feel crappy already send some of your crappy here so you can have a few good days. Hugs to you.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #66
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi WW, you have more patience than I do....giggle....I would never take out those little balls. I would just say, the H with this and move on. I would probably be sorry, like my aunt use to say....cut off my nose to spite my face. I admire you for your tenacity and staying with it. I would think the dizzy and chills etc. is probably a bug. My children and grandchildren are passing the flu around their house. I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks.

Hi Blue, very funny about calling and finding out how many little balls are in one of those capsules. I'd like the see the reaction on the other line myself.

Just an update for you ladies. I won't be here for a while, not that I am on the boards regularly anymore. But I am having major surgery on Mon. the 4th. I am anticipating good news and the word benign when I wake up. So keep some positive thoughts for me and I will talk to you in a couple of weeks.

Glojer

Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #67
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

WW- I just read all the posts in your thread and I also admire your patience! I just thought I might share my experience in going off Cymbalta cold turkey! (Well, I lowered the dose for almost a week then quit) I had it all. Increased pain, heaches, nausea, severe mood swings, and brain zaps! Oh my! They were the worst. I thought I was dying from electric shocks to the brain. I didn't know what it was at first as I hadn't read about these effects from going off cymbalta and my rheumy didn't prepare me at all! I quit the way I did under their instructions! Anyway, what I wanted to share with you is that while the worst of the withdrawal was over in about 10 days I would get a "popup" day of these symptoms. So you could have experienced something like that yesterday? It has been 2 months or so since I quit taking them and the last time I had one of these popup days was about a week ago and it was very mild, thank goodness. I am glad you are feeling better and hope that you get through this with as little discomfort as possible! Please rest assured you are doing the right thing by taking it slow!!

Glojer- you don't know me either but I am thinking about you and hope your surgery goes well and the news is good!!

Old 03-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #68
Facilitator
(female)

hi girls,
hey sib sorry you are having rough days. they will pass and they will return, giggle. just love that fibro dance. like glojer i agree i would have been having the screaming mimis by now counting those darn balls. you impress me girl!
glojer, beloved girlfriend of so many years my heart, mind, energy and love are with you. benign it is. off to double hug friend redwood tree for you both.
peace and healing hugs,
blue
ps have a good sleep monday glojer. i will be there watching those doctors for ya!! may they all have a good night's sleep and be super sharp minded on monday for you.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #69
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glo, you have all the good vibes being sent to you. Benign it is. We'll be thinking about you. I have no friend redwood to hug but I can give all the dogs an extra one for you.

Elmbabies, you have lots of patients for reading all of this. I thank you.
I think I had a bug/little flare, the deep aches are gone but my nose stuffed up really bad, spins are gone. Not as lightheaded today either. I guess I'll never really be 100% sure if it wasn't a bit of withdrawal thrown in too
Slept in again this AM, 10 hours of sleep and only got up to pee once. I started on a goldenseal regimen today to kick whatever is left out of my body.

sister blue, I am screaming...this counting is driving me nuts and the impatients (im sure that spelling got butchered) and temptation are strong. BUT I am stubborn as hell and won't give in. It may be a PIA to count but other than this week it's been an easy ride down compared to what many have posted on getting off cymbalta.

If I start getting nasty withdrawal or what i have isn't a bug or a flare and is withdrawal setting in believe me the counting will stop and I'll chuck it, go cold turkey from here. I really want this to be done with.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #70
Facilitator
(female)

are you past half way to empty? i forget. giggle. but i bet you don't! i hear you screaming but the impatience (sp correct) will pass just as soon as you are done, giggle.
sweet dreams tomorrow glojer. we will be with you.
elm, a favorite forest friend of mine, bravo to you for reading the whole thing too. i believe we have crossed paths here but not sure so HI! giggle.
peace, dreams, healing,
blue

Old 03-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #71
(female)

WW- I do hope things get better soon, no matter what it may be!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #72
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Elm, I woke up yesterday feeling more energetic than I had been all week, I think I'm just about over what ever it was because all I have now are my normal aches and pains.
Plus I stayed awake almost the whole day! What ever it was, it made me realize the normal daily pain that's always there isn't so bad in.

So I counted out 90 or so for this weeks drop. a few extra rolled into the pile. I cringed as it looked like i'm only half way there. With spring around the corner being completely off this crap is nagging at me hard. I do not want to go thru those damned sweats another season.
I'll give it another couple weeks of slow drops mainly because I have to function for a couple events then I'm going to double the drops and see how that goes. I started out removing 10 in the beginning and increased it to 15. I think doubling that to an additional 30 may be doable. but like I mentioned not for another 2 weeks

I already feel a difference on how my body is handling temps, which is making my husband happy. It's been hard on him too because he is always cold and I argue that it's easier to put more clothes on than take it all off LOL, it would not be a pretty picture of me walking around the house 3/4 naked.

So just dropping the dose substantially I am feeling differences in the side affects I am feeling from the cymbalta. I'm a little better as far as the sweats,my energy level has increased, no more uncontrollable crashes and even regained a bit of a sex drive. Those 4 are big affects as far as I'm concerned. I do worry about the ringing in my ears and hope that it is not permanent, that has not gotten any better at all yet.

Glo, I haven't forgotten you, all my good Juju is being aimed right at you.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #73
(female)

WW- I am by no means an expert on anything but I also had ringing in my ears when I quit. If I remember correctly the worst of it was over in the 10-14 days after I completely stopped taking it. And now, two or so months out, it has all but vanished. I notice it somewhat maybe a few times a week. I'm sure when all is said and done, the pesky ringing will be gone. I hope so anyway!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #74
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

What inspiration you are WW. I have been seriously thinking about weaning myself off of the drug too.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Elm, I've had the ringing almost since the day I started taking it and silly me did not pay attention because it wasn't real loud. It increased as time went on. Now that you've been off a while, do you feel any better both physically and mentally. I'm noticing differences even cutting the dosage down. My best guesstimate is I'm likely down to about 10mgs give or take a couple either direction.

Mom477, no ones ever said I'm an inspiration before...now I'm blushing. Just curious , why are you thinking about going off? with me it was side affects not being a good tradeoff and by going off I learned it wasn't doing much for the fibro anyhow, but it did mask the back pain some. I'll say the back pain has increased to about doubled what it was B4 this cymbalta weaning started. Mornings are the worst of course, once I get loosened up it gets easier to move but still hurts.. topicals and Tens seem to be making it tolerable tho. I'm still not taking any muscle relaxers or tramadol during the day unless a BIG spasm hits me (knock on wood one hasn't in a while) I can work the little ones out with my TheraCane.

If you decide to go off, I definitely recommend you wean off slowly, gets a little tedious (ok i lied it gets alot tedious!) but I've had very little withdrawal problems. The order I went was dropping 10 mgs for a couple weeks then another then another week by week until it was to 20mgs then started taking out the pesky balls.
The amount has changed since that started.

Reply Reply