It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #91
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: This may be the time... coming off Cymbalta

YIPEE!!!! only 2 more days and you are freeeeeeeee!!!! i am so happy for you sib that this drop was not noticed by your body! doing my little happy dance for you! giggle.
what a perfect time to be re-awakening, spring time. the time of birth and renewal. hey, spring time means craft fairs and camping for you! i sure hope it's easier and more fun this year with your nice clear head.
in peaceful joy,
blue

Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #92
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Everyone.....I'm up and running again....well let me rephrase that....I'm up and trying to get around a little more and do a few things.
WW sounds like you have the upper hand now in this getting off the med business. I have read some of the posts I missed while recuperating from my "big opening" (sorry I had to make that joke). You have had some great support from those who have experienced the withdrawal and those that just want to help keep your spirits up.
I just want to thank you all for the good wishes during my surgery. Everything was benign, so prayers of thanks there.
So WW keep up the good work, sounds like only a few more days and you will be free.
Blue I agree with you about being glad I didn't take cymbalta. Kudos to those who have taken themselves off those kinds of things.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #93
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Nice to "see"you up and about Glo and happy to hear all our energy saw you thru with a big benign!
Sis, it's so nice to see you smile, I was all smiles today too!
My day today is one of freedom! No cymbalta and so far so good. I can only hope the next few days go as well.

Wishing everyone energy and low pain

Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #94
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i am declaring this joy day for us all. giggle. spread the joy! knowing my friends are happy makes my happy just that much bigger!
peace sibs,
blue

Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #95
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Congrats WW, the first day of freedom. I will keep sending you positive energy to keep the good feelings going. You know what they say, one day at a time. If you have a rough day, just send it my way and let the good times roll.

Glojer

Old 03-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #96
(female)

Pgoddess HB User

Have you been tested for Lyme Disease? Do a little research, test only with Igenex in CA.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #97
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

Glojer- I am so happy that your news was good!! And I wish for you continued recovery

WW- Hooray for you to finally be done!! I hope that everything is good and you haven't suffered any crazy effects.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #98
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Elmbabies3. Everyday brings another reason to be thankful and look ahead.

WW, hope all is still looking positive for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #99
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Pg, I was tested for lymes long a time ago. That was actually one of my first requests because we did and still do hike and camp in wooded areas. As for the lab who knows.

Elmbabies, Glo and sister blue, I want to thank you for the support and encouragement through all of this. It's truly appreciated. I believe I'm successful in my quest to avoid withdrawal, it was slow and tedious at times but worth it to not have suffered withdrawal that so many go thu. Day 3 of total freedom and all is good.
Now all I can do is wait for some of the lingering side affects of cymbalta to dwindle away. Some have already improved. Still taking gobs of omegas, L-tyrosine and mega B complex and will likely continue to for some time. But will cut back on the omegas once I feel this is truly over.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
littledarlinTN (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #100
Facilitator
(female)

i love a happy ending! giggle! you were very easy to be here for sib, you never rant and rave or whine! i am going to totter on out and hug friend redwood tree for her energy gift to you. tho she is quite wet from the rains we got yesterday. asparagus sure is happy and yummy. giggle.
from all the trees and budding spring flowers we wish you a clear mindful rest of your life!
cheers to happy endings!
peace,
blue
ps. beloved glojer, i am so glad we do not have to go thru the big C with you. braveman was enough, yes? dance when you can, i am dancing for you now! okay, maybe a few tears of joy too. hey, we have known each other a very long time. thanks to this board we found each other. giggle.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #101
Senior Veteran
(female)

WW, So happy you are feeling like YOU and not drugged. You have the patience of the creative person you are. You waited and worked the tedium of going off the drug just like when you carve. You wait and work to get it perfect and make something beautiful.

Dear Blue, yes we have been friends for a very long time. I agree going through the cancer and everything it did after with Braveman was trauma enough for me. I have not stopped thanking my higher power for this very large blessing. And just as soon as I can, I will be dancing and dancing and dancing. I have about another 7 to 10 days and then I will get this body and feet moving.....I will think of everyone here and the support I have had and you can dance with me.

Glojer

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #102
Senior Veteran
(female)

7 days and still hanging in there, no real big withdrawal issues. Just a little light headed feeling with a weird dizzy feeling when I turn my head fast. I am sleeping more this past week and not fighting it. I'm thinking that is my body healing itself from what ever the cymbalta was doing to it. Drinking lots of water etc..the usual stuff.
Things that are changing for the better..
Oh another thing I'm noticing is my appetite is decreasing a big YAY on that one, maybe I'll be able to drop some poundage.
I'm not getting as hot, can handle temps over 65 now. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy summer again
Ears are still ringing, really want this to go away but realize it may take time.
Cotton mouth is less but still there.
Sex drive is better but not what it should be.
Not 1 migraine this week.
I'm sure there is more but crs is kicking in

think spring!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #103
Facilitator
(female)

AWESOME!! i am so happy for you and your honey. giggle, blush. may the extra bits of you fall swiftly away so you can wear a bikini this summer, giggle!
sleep and heal. your body is finding her balance again.
a big hmmmm? on the no migraine this week. betcha it was a side affect along with the extra you bits.
when i awake from my morning nap i will go out and do a happy dance for you around our dear friend redwood tree.
peace,
blue

Old 03-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #104
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

WW, So glad to hear you are feeling good! I'm sure there will be some lingering affects yet to go. Sleep as much as you can. Since I lost my job when body says sleep I sleep. I don't care what has to be done sleep is basically a med to me. As Blue said it is a healing force. Hope the coming weeks are uneventful for you. You did it Kiddo, be proud!!

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #105
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Cat! I did do it didn't I !! It really does feel good. I know it'll take time to get past it all but think I avoided the worst of it by taking it slow. I'll add things to the tread that change as time goes by.
I just might take it all and print for my rheumy . it may help him when others want to get off cymbalta. He doesn't know I did this yet. We had talked about it and that was as far as the conversation had gone.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
catkaru (03-25-2013)
Reply Reply