It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #106
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: This may be the time... coming off Cymbalta

Hi WW! Maybe your Rheumy can come up with a better way to come off than opening caps and taking the little balls out. That alone had to take alot of patience! LOL, not sure I could handle that without complaining too much. You only complained a few times. Congrats once again! Hope things are still good!

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #107
(female)

Samfire HB User

Hi WoodsWalker! Great achievement. It must have been tough enough for you though - I withdrew from Effexor XL back in 2009, and OMG! - the withdrawal phase was cruel to say the least!!! Six full weeks of nausea and brain zaps (I hate those), and feeling as if I was floating outside my body - kind of detached from everything going on around me. I ended up back on antidepressants again (long story), but I point-blank refused to go near Effexor or Zoloft, so the Citalipram (Cypramil) is working out well for me now. Again, great achievement, and long may it last!!!

IBS, Kyphoscoliosis, Occipital Neuralgia, Anxiety Depression; BPD; High BP

Meds: Citalapram 30mg; Omesar 20mg; Epilim Chrono 500mg; Seroquel 25mg; Olanzapine 5mg;

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #108
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i am so proud of you girl! you spoke of wanting to since we first met here and now you have DONE IT!! brava sib, brava!!
i did my dance for you, chose the lotus pond to dance around. as she becomes again this summer so are you and that just made me giggle with delight.
peace,
blue

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #109
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Yep sis, I'm done for good. No going back on cymbalta or any other antidepressant for pain. This is going to be an almost all natural trip for me from now on. Lyrica is already out and the way I reacted to that I have no desire to try gabapentin either.

My spirit was with you dancing around the pond, great choice of a spot to dance.

It really is a sense of reawakening, it's amazing how taking cymbalta for so long really did change who and what I am. I sure hope the world is ready for the real me LOL.

Another change which I'm sure is part of withdrawing is I feel on the edge of tears over stupid stuff, sad stories on tv etc.. it will pass I'm sure but on the bright side at least I'm not numb

Sam, I was offered effexor for of all things menopause. (which hit me real early) the dr said it would help the hot flashes. I said no to that and went natural/herbal and survived that. You take what you need to, sometimes it's a necessary evil.

Cat I am no longer counting. Drs don't have a better way. If I followed their directions it would have been a night mare. Their ideas of titrating is to take it every other day then just stop and go through withdrawal..that's not how I wanted to do it. I was removing little balls from their smallest dose. But no longer need to, done with that.

cymbalta free for 9 days and counting.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: WoodsWalker
catkaru (03-31-2013), Samfire (03-26-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #110
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey girl it's totally natural for you to be over emotional on the weepy things like crying over a cute commercial? giggle. you were numb for years to the sweet things in life. you saw them but did not feel them like you do now.
i love being silly, sappy, weepy me. if it's cute or sad or sweet i go awe and a few tears fall or a bunch, giggle, depends on what sets me off. giggle.
to sam, you can get natural estrace at an herbal store or just eat lots of sweet potatoes. i went with the potatoes.
have a great day all and sib you get out there and weep over a sweet flower, it's good for you!
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Samfire (03-28-2013)
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #111
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hey girlfriend! I am doing pretty darn good. My head is getting clearer by the day and I think my body is too. Tripped up with a dog and wrenched my back a few days ago, you'd think one of us would learn to look before we move..noooo
The FM is the same constant spasms,aches and pains and no flare ups the past 2 weeks. spring hit this weekend and I think the fresh air and blue skies coupled with almost 60* temps did me a world of good yesterday!

No more funky sad outbursts of tears. But I think more cymbalta was leaving my body last night and it came out in itches..darn did I itch all over once the day settled into night. Another thing that came to me in thought yesterday is that since I totally stopped cymbalta I have not had 1 migraine..coincidence? I'd love it if it went back to the way it used to be with migraines only once in a long while instead of weekly or daily. I think it's time for a long relaxing epsom salts bath to rid my body of more toxins.
Tomorrow is 14 days cymbalta free ((yippee))and I really do feel better in small ways every day. I was thinking back again..gotta stop that , I was on that crap for almost 5 years. The first 2 were good, after that is started going downhill in baby steps.
I'm calling my doc this week to let him know what I did and to see if any of his other patients that take cymbalta and are struggling to pay for it are in need of any. I have a 3 months supply unopened. Plus I'm going to put all of how I did the titration off into a readable order and send it off to him so it might help other patients who want off.

So how's my sis doing? really...

Keep thinking spring

Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #112
Facilitator
(female)

hey ya girl,
i am so glad you are doing better and i think it's a great idea to document your process and give it to your doc.
we also had a warm spell and it gave me a 2 day respite from winters dance in my body. i know you really want to know but dang girl i hate talking about my daily health junk. arthritis was not gentle nor was sjogrens this winter. i have a few bedsores i am getting all healed up. have a biopsy next week i think for a thingy on my ear by a piecing, fortunatly on the back of my ear, giggle.
i am up to 113 and have been for a whole week! i won't tell you how much crap i had to eat to get it. milkshakes, candy, pie, cakes. i dislike that i am coming to not love my favorite foods because i am forcing myself to eat them when i am not really in the mood for them.
trying to get a bit bigger by july when i surprise my mom with a visit. staying in a hotel so she will not see my reality, just what i want her to see, happy, bouncy me. the trip is a gift from one of my daughters who is going with me. so in july i will be sunning myself on the beaches of carlsbad and hugging my mom and sis.
ta da! i told you. giggle. that wasn't so hard after all, giggle.
peace
blue

Old 04-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #113
Senior Veteran
(female)

See, it wasn't that bad was it. I know you hate talking about it, but in some way it does help..and besides I care. good for the weight gain, sorry you had to eat crap to gain it tho.

spring was not eternal, it's cold again..it must be mother natures april fools day joke on us

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #114
Senior Veteran
(female)

A quick update
Well, it's been a month with no Cymbalta and happy to report no major issues. A few minor weird feelings/sensations now and then but over all I think it's gone as well as it could have.

The good:
No crazy sweating fits

Migraines have decreased quite a bit

Not as fatigued, naps are now 1 - 1 1/2 hour instead of 3 or 4 and not every freakin' day!

Memory has improved (it'll likely never be where it was b4 all this FM crap started)

It seems the FM has not been affected , it's the same as when on cymbalta, guess this is good in a weird way 'eh

The bad
My back hurts more

More widespread tingles, will never know for sure if it's due to my back issues or FM

More good than bad so it was well worth the slooow ride down!
Wishing low pain to all!

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
catkaru (04-27-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #115
Facilitator
(female)

i was just thinking of you yesterday and here you are! so glad you are doing good sib. back pain and zinger, heck that's just old age creeping up on you, giggle.
so one question, how are you feeling mentally? any changes in emotions? oops! that's two questions. giggle.
gonna say it again, love a happy ending. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #116
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mentally I'm good. Emotionally I'm not mainly because it's coming on 3 years that mom passed and this is my first year feeling it without the cloud of cymbalta hanging over me so it's kind of pity party time. Other than that I'm ok. It's just a part of life I have to get thru and will.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #117
Facilitator
(female)

awe sweet sib i am sorry. now you can go thru the grief for real and then put your mom in your heart to live out the rest of life with you. i have my dad in me. we still chat after 36 years. just because i cannot see him does not mean he is gone. he is all around me always. every word or experiece still exists in me.
when my dad died i decided he moved to another place where they don't have phones or mail and you can't find it. that way he was never gone. i was 21. it worked. tho the first year was horribly scary and lonely. i had alot of self pity about it.
i will meditate for you to feel deeply the presence of your mother.
much love and peace,
blue

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #118
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I've lost both parents and 2 brothers. I know they are around me always. I try not to think too much about them or I break. It's very hard, I know. We all have our ways of grieving. I don't think we ever stop we just handle it better as time goes by. The time is different for everyone as well. Think of this WW, your Mom was with you when you worked on your cymbalta titrate, I'm sure she was. Stay well.

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #119
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Blue and Cat. Hugs to you both. I know she's always there with me in spirit and will always be. Some days even in a form of presence. I think it's just something I'll work through in time. I really feel if I hadn't been on cymbalta I'd have worked my way through it some time ago.

I think it's time for me to put this thread to bed unless anyone ever has a question or comment. Thanks to everyone.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #120
Facilitator
(female)

good nite sweet sib. i agree.
hugs,
blue

Reply Reply