It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

tiff-cher HB User
Unhappy Fibromyalgia/Lupus/OA/MS?????????

I have been diagnosed for several years, and also been told and medicated for Lupus about 3-4 years ago. Then was sent to see a Rhuematologist and she said no to Lupus and took me off of my meds. I was told by another (orthopedic) doc that I was borderline when he looked at my labs. Just recently I was retested and Negative. But all the xrays show OA (osteo arthritis) basically all joints. I think they are missing something, and won't check for MS. I have a bad neck and back, I have had back surgery in 1998 and need it again along with my neck. My neck is so bad I was told that I could lose the use of my left arm, I'm left handed....but had other health issues that put off my surgeries. Now I see a pain management. And he is treating my pain, And soon to start Botox injections for my migraines, because I have failed all other treatment. I have talked aobut this before on the fibro board, but I need to see if anybody else thinks something is being missed.
Thanks tiff-cher

Last edited by tiff-cher; 01-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
(female)

evangeline74 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia/Lupus/OA/MS?????????

Why will they not check for MS? I would keep asking them to do it. There are two definitive tests for it: brain MRI and lumbar puncture. Do you no longer have symptoms of lupus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
(female)

tiff-cher HB User

Yes, I still have all of the symptoms....my brain MRI's have all been "abnormal" but no DX...no spinal tap though...very frustrated and depressing!!! thank you!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
(female)

evangeline74 HB User

They are supposed to tell you why the brain MRI is abnormal, specifically what they found on it, what was abnormal about it, and hopefully why. I'm not sure why they haven't unless they're attributing it to the migraines. (?) I'd ask more questions, just bug them till they answer you. I would also keep asking for MS testing just so you can rule that out at least.

Good luck!!

The following user gives a hug of support to evangeline74:
tiff-cher (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
(female)

tiff-cher HB User

I have been told that I have had some kind of anomloy since birth (in my brain) I did find out the name of it after last MRI, so they don't seem very concerned. (at one point they said there was white matter, conclusive with age??!! WHO KNOWS?? I just feel like I have more going on than Fibromyaglia and Osteoarthritis, which are my 2 dx at this time. I do have cervical and lumbar DDD. I think sometimes my PCP thinks I'm a hypochondriac...(spelling). And my pain management doc says there is nothing else he can do except control my pain with Exalgo and for breakthrough pain I use Vicodin, voltaren gel and lidoderm patches, and another patch I can't think of at the moment. I don't know, I just wish they could figure it out. I do start my Botox injections for my migraines on Tuesday...wish me luck...thanks for your support!!
tiff-cher

Reply Reply