It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

treach76 HB User
New to Lyrica

I've been on Lyrica for a few weeks now. I've have a really bad leg cramps and feel high. I don't like feeling high at all! I know it takes a month before it really helps , But I'm not sure I can deal with the side effects if they don't go away! does anyone have these and do they go away? Has anyone come off this and been ok? This perscription kinda scares me!!!!

Treach

Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: New to Lyrica

I was on lyrica for about 13 days. I got other side affects than what you ask about. I was on the lowest dose to start and after the 2 weeks not 1 side affects showed any signs of subsiding in the least. Some kept getting worse. Called the doc and asked if it was ok to stop and was told the dose was low enough I could just stop.

It was really to bad because it was the only thing I've ever tried that really helped the costochondritis. I got relief in less than a week.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
treach76 (01-25-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
treach76 (01-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi treach,
i tried it for 3 days. the leg cramps were incredible so i quit. called my doc and she said i did the right thing by quitting. i refuse now to take any med touted for fibro. for me they just make life worse and i love my life. i can handle it better without drugs.
peace,
blue
ps. ask your doc or pharmacist how to wean off if you have to do it that way. i just quit and within 24 hours felt so much better.

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
treach76 (01-25-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
treach76 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

treach76 HB User

Thank you bluelakelady And WoodsWalker

I agree with you all the meds they have tried just make me feel worst. and I enjoy my life to much.. Tramadol seems to be the only thing that helps me. and IO dont get the HIGH felling from it... and still be able to be a house wife to my partner. I calling them and getting off this stuff!!! Thank you The cramps in my legs and the high felling is just to much!!!

wishing ya'll pain free days Treach

Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i am so happy sis ww and i were of help to you. one thing you may notice when you stop is you feel better with fibro than with fibro and on meds. it's like a honeymoon for quitting. giggle.
nite now.
peace,
blue

Reply Reply