It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User
Question help, is this fibromyalgia

ok, I thought I was getting the flu. I keep children and one has had RSV . 2 weeks ago I started aching in my arms and legs, I feel like the flu, but no fever, no sore throat, but I hurt! I was told many years ago that I had fibromyalgia, may be my mind is loosing it but I can't get pass this.

I don't know if it is the adult form of the RSV the infant had and this is all viral or what. I just feel bad and can't get over it. If I take tylenol it does nothing for the pain. If I take a portion of a demerol that I have been prescribe then it numbs the pain.

What are some symptoms that you all have?
The only other thing that I notice is that my middle/upper part of my back hurts if I breath deeply.
any advise would help me.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: help, is this fibromyalgia

hi and welcome,
first look up costochondritis and see if that fits your breathing issue with pain. also a quesiton, have you been to your doctor about this? suggest you do. also suggest you go to the fibromyalgia offical site and do some reading. there is a list you can get from there and print out to fill out and take to your doctor. also a wealth of information about fibro and it's multiple aspects.
take a gentle breath and know if you take steps you will find answers, even if the answer is i don't know. go thru the testing that determins all the things you don't have, giggle, and leaves only good ole fibro to lay it on. suggest you ask for a sjogrens test also as rheumies do not check that one while ruling out the really bad stuff.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User

I have been to the dr, but not so impressed. They did flu test on me and put me on a steroid med pk. The pain is the worse in the am and at night. Tylenol does nothing for it. Percocet or demerol numb the pain, which at times I need because I hurt so bad. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for replying.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

if you are not impressed with the doctor fire him/her and find another. don't settle for a doctor you don't connect with on a personal level. if you have fibro the best med is a good doc to help you thru it all.
peace,
blue

Reply Reply