It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: vitamin d deficiency

No. It doesn't cause fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is genetic. Trauma and stress can trigger it.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
No. It doesn't cause fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is genetic. Trauma and stress can trigger it.
Hi margie terry, My dr recommended & i take liquid calcium 1200mg/vitamD4 2000units in one capsule & a superB complex with vit C. This according to him covers all I need & its easy just 2 pills! Also, i have never heard this before from any of my drs that fibro may be only genetic, what did your dr say exactly? Thanks

Last edited by gmak; 02-24-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: wording

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
(female)

sufferann HB User

Me too,
I was diagnosed with extreme Vitamin D deficency about a yr or 2 ago I had to get a script for high doses for a month or so( sorry my memory is not too good) but now I just buy the supplements at the store and take them. Probably for me is that I don't spend much time outside anymore?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Yes, by the way. Fibromyalgia is genetic. It can be triggered by stress, grief, car accidents and so on.

Genetic in that sense, doesn't mean it will show up when you are young. There is a need for something to trigger it.

Just like grief and sorrow can make your hair white. (for some yes, and for some no).

You can ask any doctor today and see that it's genetic. It's similiar to an auto-immune disease but not exactly like it. (they say there is no inflammation in Fibromyalgia but in fact there is - ANA testing can prove it) and so on.

Right from the start they realize (researchers)that Fibromyalgia has to do with sleep.
Those who have fibromyalgia don't sleep well, and this 3 and 4 stage are too short (REM). That's why they prescribe Xyrem when nothing works.

People who don't sleep well can develop fibro-like syndrom.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Yes, by the way. Fibromyalgia is genetic. It can be triggered by stress, grief, car accidents and so on.
Genetic in that sense, doesn't mean it will show up when you are young. There is a need for something to trigger it.
Just like grief and sorrow can make your hair white. (for some yes, and for some no).
You can ask any doctor today and see that it's genetic. It's similiar to an auto-immune disease but not exactly like it. (they say there is no inflammation in Fibromyalgia but in fact there is - ANA testing can prove it) and so on.
Right from the start they realize (researchers)that Fibromyalgia has to do with sleep.
Those who have fibromyalgia don't sleep well, and this 3 and 4 stage are too short (REM). That's why they prescribe Xyrem when nothing works.
People who don't sleep well can develop fibro-like syndrom.
Oh ok, like dormant you mean? Genetic to me means genetic information written or coded on the DNA passed chromosomally that carries dominant or recessive or mutated genes or traits that are inherited. I need to study more, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
survival sue (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Not exactly dormant. More like a person who is predisposed to Fibromyalgia.
So yes, it is genetic.
Just like predisposition for an auto-immune disease. You need something to trigger it.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #22
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User

Quote:
Fibromyalgia is genetic and deficiency of vitamin D can increase the risk of fibromyalgia. I have been taking Vitamin D supplements along with the sources rich in Vitamin D but still I am running with Vitamin D deficiency. How can I avoid it? Anyone can please help?

Reply Reply