It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

YRAMAILEZ HB User
Unhappy victim to fibromyalgia

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I can sure relate to you all whom have the same thing i have and the same things i go thru. I too have been told by many it's in your head the pain. It's so refreshing to be around those who understand and are going thru the same thing as me.

Last edited by YRAMAILEZ; 01-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
Re: victim to fibromyalgia

Sorry that noone replied to you, that is disheartening when it happens but doesnt mean we dont care. I know for me some months I am not even on the boards, then I am alot and just read and dont post. I just posted about how it's not in our heads, it's real.

Keep reading old posts to help you get some answers and to learn about this wacky illness. Please post again if you need anything.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

Kitty D HB User

I am also new to the message board. I actually logged on to get info and feedback for my mother and her illnesses. Then I realized I could be on for my own health issues, just like a caregiver....always thinking of others. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1993. I have had ups and downs over the years. Sometimes being able to pretend I'm just fine, put a smile on my face and all is well with the world. Other times I do the things that must get done and that's it! I am on the couch or recliner and sometimes the bed. Sometimes the pain is just enough to frustrate you and other times it hurts for clothes to touch you. So, you are not alone. It is nice to hear others are in this thing with you. Hope you are having a good day.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to all the newbies, sorry we are meeting because you have fibro, but glad you found this board. A lot of great people here with some great info to share.
KittyD, You have a great attitude, and my philosophy is attitude is everything. You sound like me, you gotta do what ya gotta do and keep going.
YRAM, I have an opinion about people who say that fibro or any illness is all in your head. To be polite about it, I think they aren't the brightest people around. Of course fibro is in our head and our neck and shoulders and arms and body and....well...you get the idea. When someone says that to me....and I don't get that anymore.....I just shake my head and tell them that my fibro will get better, but they will always be simple minded. I tell them they have my sympathy and wish them much luck and just walk away. I don't have room in my life or time in my life to deal with people with such narrow minds.
TM didn't mean to leave you out. It is so true, sometimes I am here just reading, sometimes I'm not here for a long time and sometimes I just have to say something....giggle...like now.

Glojer

Reply Reply