It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

daaytripper HB User
Methadone and Fibromyalgia

Hello I have a question maybe someone here may know the answer to. First off ..yes I am on methadone. I will tell you why. I have severe Fibromyalgia..12years now. I became pregnant while taking prescribed narcotic medication. When I became pregnant almost 6years ago I was more or less pushed into going on a methadone maintenance program because my OB/GYN told me that the baby would also have withdrawl symptoms from not taking the narcotic pain med anymore. It wasn't how much I was taking..it was a matter of how long I had been taking them. And that was about almost 1year. So I panicked and did go on methadone. It seemed to help with the Fibro pain so I kept on it for several years. BAD idea!! Now I have detoxed slowly from 145mg's to now 49mg's. The main problem I am having is that because I am still on methadone and NOTHING helps my pain. My doctor gives me Ibuprofen600 to take as needed. It barely helps. I WANT OFF METHADONE! IT SUCKS!! This medication is the worst ever made! NOW TO MY QUESTION: Could I stop the methadone (say at 20mg's) and a couple of days later begin my pain meds again without any withdrawl symptoms? I can't go on Suboxone because I am taking Klonopin for my anxiety and panic attacks and the combination is very dangerous! If ANYONE knows please let me know or direct me to another board or person that may know the answer to this question.

Thank You! Love,Peace and Beatles. xoxo .....daaytripper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Methadone and Fibromyalgia

If it were me, I'd avoid any sort of cold turkey unless you have someone around all day to take care of your kids. Go slow so you can still function and take care of yourself and family. Or go in for detox at a rehab.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

daaytripper HB User
Re: Methadone and Fibromyalgia

Thank you for your reply. I think I will set something up ahead of time through my PCP to have me detoxed in a hospital. It's safer and also I have a 5yr. old daughter who depends on me. So yeah...I think I should go with the hospital option! Thanks again for your reply!

Love,Peace&Beatles....daaytripper xoxo

Reply Reply