It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
for those who second guess themselves

I always always wonder if my diagnosis is really true. I have a wonderful rheumy I work with and have all the tender points checked and hit them all. Had full blood work, etc, you know the drill. But as I go through my days, I wonder if I am making this up or do I really have this, well, let me tell you how I now know its real.

For the past few days I had a training at work and as you read about the fog, it's the physical part that got me. We did very basic self defense moves, (very basic) and boy I came out a hurtin buckaroo. So today, I ask all the other folks who trained with me how sore they are and they all looked at me like I was crazy. I say, "You're not sore? even a little?" Nope, not a one. I am so shocked by this. My shoulders are burning, as are my arms, etc, you know how you feel, I wont bore you with these details. I am just really finally getting that no, I am not like everyone else, I really really do have fibromyalgia. And, it's ok, I can live with it, but just had to let you all know that if you doubt yourself and wonder if you are overexaggerating, complaining, etc, you are not. This is real. We have it and it hurts. Yes, there are worse days than others, but it is true and very much real.

I am sorry for the long post but had to let you know that it is not in our heads, it's in our bodies. It is good for me to finally know this. I hope it helps someone know this too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: for those who second guess themselves

hi tm,
welcome to my world!!! peaceful yes? keep at it tho. even if it hurts. staying active thru the pain is really important. just remember if any new symptom pops up to check it out and don't chalk it up to fibro.
i am so happy for you that you have come to the place of adapting peace with fibro.
thanks for sharing it with us all.
the cool thing tho is we don't look sick and i love that part the most.
peace,
blue
ps. oh and it is too in your head, giggle. fibro fog~! giggle

Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

You have come a long way. Now that you are at peace with fm you'll find it helps in some way. From here you can start the rest of your life in a more positive direction.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
babyboomer6 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Nice to hear from both of you, you have helped me since I was first diagnosed and you still are so helpful. Your insight along the way has been wonderful. Thank you for your advice and encouragement. I wish you both peace.

The following user gives a hug of support to tmrots:
WoodsWalker (01-31-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

blush, i am honored, humbled and happy to be of service my friend.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (02-04-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

I can totally relate! I've often wondered if anyone else felt that way. Some days I wonder if maybe I exaggerate the pain or if I am feeling aches and pains like most other people do and being a baby. Then there are the times it hits me and I'm like "nope, it really is this bad" and I'm comparing my"normal" aches and pains to those of people double my age! Its good to know I'm not the only one with self doubt! Now if I could just find some acceptance. Good for you!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am also frequently hit with the fatigue. Much more than coworkers and friends of mine. I can remember when my kids were younger, I would come home from work and school with them and have to take a nap just to get through the rest of the day. I never knew what it was and now look back and say I have had this for many many years. I have learned to pace myself. Not an easy lesson and yes at times annoying, but, it's what I have to do. It could always be worse.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I am always second guessing myself TM! I keep looking back on my life as a child. Was there something that happened back then that started all this. I remember being about 10 yrs old and having horrible debilitating (sp) pain in face. Just on the right side! The Doc called myalgia. The doctor took me out of school and put me on tylenol w/codein for 2 weeks. I also know I had Rhuematic Fever (sp) as a child! Now there's a question I always wanted to ask all of you. If you look at my profile you can see what else I had. Also born with a whole in heart. Murmur went away when I was in my 20's. So I am always second guessing on what, where, why this fibro decided to attack my body. Or am I so used to feeling like Sh&^t I just do!

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

I can't help second-guessing myself. This week I've been doing really well and my physical therapist said she thinks I can quit therapy on Friday... I don't think she's seen me often enough to know. She did my initial evaluation but I've only actually worked with her twice this year and all the rest of the sessions have been with somebody else. I'll see what Amy has to say on Friday. Anyway, having some good days combined with what she says has me in a flurry of second-guessing... I have a bunch of doctor's appointments coming up in the next few weeks and I feel like a right idiot for even making them. No I know there's no cure for fibromyalgia, I've been having a severe back problem since August and it's been slowly improving and now it's suddenly much better. I tried to go without my meds today and I didn't make it past 9.30 before I gave up and took them. The anti-inflammatories work so well that on good days I have next to no pain, but if I don't take them I can't walk by the end of day 2. Next week I'm seeing another rheumatologist and it already feels like I'll just be wasting his time...

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaji:
pam8024 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
(female)

pam8024 HB User

Good heavens Kaji, if you're in so much pain w/o anti-inflammatories, how could you be wasting your rheumatologist's time? You and your doctors must be doing something right, but that doesn't mean you should start second-guessing yourself. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job of walking a fine line, so be proud of that!
best,
pam8024

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Thanks Pam. I think I was BORN second-guessing myself... that's my anxiety coming through. I don't worry (much) about definite things, but the 'maybe's of life can really get to me, and this is a big one.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaji:
pam8024 (02-06-2013)
Reply Reply