It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

crazybird12 HB User
Unhappy Im new here

Hi my name is Sherri i had fibro since 2003 now my body just going down hill.MY stupid doctor says you always have pain my neuro doesnt believe that i nerve pain but i tingling andnumbness in my legs hurts to walk long disteness and stairs kill sherri

Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Stufftie HB User
Re: Im new here

I am new here as well. It has been a long road and things just seem to get worse before they get better I believe that my biggest mistake was staying with the same primary doctor. After her first snide comment I should have walked away. But, after seeing several different doctors I didn't feel like making the change. But, I am now!
Everything, for me, started out with tingling and numbness. I had a nerve conduction study and an electromyogram on the left side of my body. nerves and muscles reacted normally. So, from the neurologist I got the "I can't find anything wrong with you. You won't take anxiety or pain meidcation. Then there is nothing I can do." My thought, tell me why I need to and we wil go from there.
I bet you and I both know in a normal body there are different aches and pains everyday. But, this is different. It does not go away completely with rest or heating pads. It is not a sore muscle after a nice long jog or a sore back from planting in the yard all day. It's different.....it hurts/aches/stabs/throbs really bad.
Good luck!

Last edited by Stufftie; 02-01-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
(female)

Simplynuz HB User
Post Re: Im new here

I'm new here and new to posting on message boards; please bare with me. I am trying so hard to understand this terrible thing call fibromyalgia. I have so many other health issues that don't "make me look sick" and I try to keep up with treatment plans, diet restrictions etc.but fibro "fog" makes me forget. Documenting information does not seem to help when I need to apply what I have learned. How can I get out of this fog, I'm tired of opening my mouth and being lost for words. Any suggestions.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Good morning ladies, I know fibro seems so overwhelming. And it is when you first get diagnosed up until you really come to grips with it. Don't let your Drs bully you into taking drugs you don't want to. You''ll find in reading here that sometimes the prescriptions are the answer and that for many they are not.
If you aren't happy with your Dr, move on there are many out there.
Taking notes does help but only if you refer to them. Take your time and read here, there is some good advice buried in those posts.

Try your best to not let FM win.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Stufftie HB User

One of the things I discovered on my own, that I think the neurologist should have asked, was that if you have numbness from nerves you lose sensation. If you have numbness from muscle tension you will have sensation. I don't get the numbness and tingling that often anymore, but when I do at least I know it is from muscle tension.

I can't believe how painfully tight my muscles become. Makes it difficult and painful to walk. Even a calf or thigh massage is to painful. I think that if I can just bear through my husband chopping away at my leg that it will feel better. He's so sweet....but it becomes to painful I can't do it.

As for the fog...I don't know. It comes and goes with me. Just these last few days I would be talking with my husband and completely forget what I was saying or even forget the whole point of it...lol. We just laugh about it - figure it wasn't important anyways. Luckily I don't work outside of the home or it would not be as funny. I know that B12 helped a lot with my memory. We started off with injections at the neurologist office while taking supplements at home. My memory isn't 100% but WAAAYYYY better after adding B12. The neurologist said she wants the B12 around 800, which mine was 300. Still not below the testing range on the report.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome to the board both of you,
like ww said it's a good place to find your peace with your body. learn to laugh at yourself and walk out the cramps even if it hurts like hades. been there.
honestly when you get a good doc and find a balance for you it's not so bad having fibro. in many ways one of the best things to happen in my life. changed my whole way of dealing with myself and the world. i do suggest a shrink of some kind to help you adapt to your new bodies. best 7 years i ever spent. i love my life and i love my body as she is.
much peace,
bluelakelady

Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
(female)

crazybird12 HB User

Thanks for the warm welcome im doing ok i can live without the pain though.Seems like eveytime i go for a walk it takes me three days to recover.I wish my doctor would increase my pain meds so ill feel better.I cant remember when i see her good ol fibro fog take care everyone sherri

Reply Reply