It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
(female)

AngieinOhio HB User
Massage Chairs?

I'm looking at investing in a massage chair? Those that have them do you feel they help?
I know after my massage I feel so much better for that day into the next day.
Thanks for any input.
Angie-

Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Massage Chairs?

hi angie,
welcome to the boards. depends on how much you want to spend. there are some very good ones staring around 1500.00. anything like a pad will probably disappoint you. i tried them all i think, giggle. then i got a hot tub. heaven. and i do have massages done by a married team of therapists who massage me at the same time. it's awesome!!
what i noticed with the less expensive ones is the rollers or whatever was inside were too hard and hurt my body where they touched. vibrating or not.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 02-18-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have a massage bed - it cost about £1800 about 5 years ago so around $3000 and worth every penny. I only use t when I'm really sore and it's fab. I also have a hot tub - again worth every penny. I'm working with a new physio and personal trainer and both have said when my muscles are really tight the best thing for them is ice not heat. Doesn't feel as good but I get a better result!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
(female)

AngieinOhio HB User

Thanks!
I've just read stuff on both sides. Yes they are great for FM then on the other side they will make them worse.
I know I have a jacuzzi and love that too.
I just don't want to invest 4k in one and be more miserable then I already am.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
(female)

AngieinOhio HB User

Thanks!
I've just read stuff on both sides. Yes they are great for FM then on the other side they will make them worse.
I know I have a jacuzzi and love that too.
I just don't want to invest 4k in one and be more miserable then I already am.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
(female)

AngieinOhio HB User

A massage bed sounds like heaven. Never heard of one them. Hmmm.
I'm not sure my hubby would like that at all though.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Angie, just popped in and saw your post. I have actually tried the massage bed and it was very good. They had one at my exercise place. It did not dig into my muscles like the chairs do. I have one of the pads that fit on a chair and it really makes me sore. I use it only when I have tension and am getting headaches. The bed however went from my feet to my head and it felt great.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I was just thinking about those massage tables. Saw one on craigslist, Ceragem is the brand. Did some research and they really do sound great. But the $$$ are many. Which got me wondering..hmmm, if you could get a script for one from the dr would it be covered under insurance and allowed as a tax write off??

Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

WW, that tax idea is a good one. I use to take my fee for my work out place off my taxes with a prescript from the doc. The tax guy told me that he has taken part of a swimming pool off taxes with a script from the doc. The massage bed I used was called a Migan (me-gan) not sure how it is really spelled, just heard it pronounced. At that time they were somewhere around 3000.00 and the store selling them would let you come in and try them out several times before buying. I just used it at the workout place. My DIL looked them up on line and they had great reviews. They don't eliminate an actual massage. They do make you relax and feel better though.
Glojer

Reply Reply