It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

redheadinmo HB User
I think i may have fibro and I feel lost

To make a long story short, I think I have fibromyalgia. I exhibit most of the symotoms, and whatever it is, my pain is really bad right now. The other night, my upper back and hips hurt so bad I ended up lying down on the wood floor trying to get comfortable and crying myself to sleep.

Im very tough, I don't complain about much, but I am starting to wonder how I am going to deal with this. I am fairly healthy otherwise. I jog on the treadmill, I even lift weights and so forth, but more often than not for the past year or so, my neck, spine, and muscles feel so painful, that I don't know what to do.

When I talk to my husband (who is very caring and understanding) about it, he just says "Well, you are 41, you are getting older..." But I want to scream to him that there is more to this than that. This is not just "getting older"....It hurts when I breathe deeply, when I sneeze, I have to stand up quickly and brace myself with my hands on my knees before it happens, or else it feels something is going to break in my back but the more I talk about the pain with him, the more I think he is thinking I am just a complainer or whining. This is the LAST thing I want to be thought of as.

Someone please help me, I am at my wits end, and I am not a person who can easily admit that. I am fearful to go to my doctor, because I am afraid he will not know what it is. Please help me. Im in tears now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I think i may have fibro and I feel lost

hi red,
sweet pea you have to go to a doctor and find out what is going on in you. a whiner is for sure not what you want to be so go get yourself some answers and let the fear go bye bye. it's useless anyway to have fear and do nothing to ease it.
you are not alone in this fear, we have all been there. it's answers that bring peace. get tough and get out there where the answers are. to the doctors.
they are not my favorite people to visit but they do serve a huge purpose in my life. they make sure nothing new is visiting and each time i go home with my precious peace of mind.
be that girl who can run only use that power to get answers. hey in our 40 things do start to wear out but you describe pain a bit beyond that.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

redheadinmo HB User

Thank you Bluelakelady. I guess I just needed to hear that.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi, I think going to a dr (rhuemy) is a good idea. There are several
Meds out there to try, you just have to find the one that works for you so if one doesn't try another, ok?

Also, increase your magnesium intake, good for the muscles. A good hot epson salt bath is good too.

I use lidocaine patches too on flared up spots, they're good to get (script).

When your traps hurt, I take an long tube sock, fill it with long cooking rice but not so much you can't bend a little, tie a knot in the end and warm in microwave. Great moist heat to lay across the shoulders.

You can stick those patches on your hips.

Another good trick is voltaren gel (script) it's an NSAID in a cream, works instantly.

Water exercise is our best kind, so we don't overdo. If we overdo we crash for days at least I do.

Hope this helps, Cathy

Reply Reply