It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

stcloudmom HB User
Complaining. How do you manage this symptoms... so many... so often

I am newly diagnosed with Fibro, though I am having a hard time thinking that this is it alone. I am going to the neuro on Wed (again). This is driving me insane, so many symptoms, so many problems.

I have most of my issues on the left side of my body. I have problems on the right too, such as yesterday, carrying my purse, it felt like I was carrying bricks in the purse, my shoulder muscles wore out and I had to take the purse off and put it in the cart. I also gets waves of muscles cramps in my hands and feet, my left arm when typing (no loss of strength) and nerve sensations that travel all over, back cramps and charlie horses, pain that runs along the outside of my legs, some cramp under my left rib and cramps and soreness along the rib borders. Is this muscle or connective tissues or what, feels like muscle and tendons or something. I get shakey, nasuea.

This is insane. I also get cramps down the left side of my face! I have spots all over that feel like bruises (not the traditional trigger points, some are, some are not).

Is this some cruel joke by the universe? Am I going to be crippled by this?

And here's the worst, some days I wake up and NOTHING IS WRONG, I FEEL GREAT, NORMAL AGAIN, but it always comes back. On the blessed days I wake up feeling good, I can even tell a total difference in my actual mental state, maybe because I'm not upset, I swear it's linked !

I hate to whine to everyone else here who is facing this but how do you live a normal life in this state? My only blessing - no real fatigue (some days I do get it but not much). I think that's because I take a thyroid med that juices me up.

I had to resort to taking Vicodin the other day, though that strangely helps for a few hours and then seems to make the cramps worse somehow.

Once again I'm going to go through a bunch of tests and if it's clear (like it was last year) then I make try Lyrica. I can't take this every single day, I have two kids, two young kids.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: stcloudmom
catkaru (04-22-2013), suzanne36 (02-27-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User
Re: Complaining. How do you manage this symptoms...so many..so often

Hi stcloudmom, I feel for you. I wish I could tell you how to manage these symptoms, soo many of them! But know you are not alone. You are not whining! Oh man, the symptoms STINK! Just about everything you've listed I too have. Not the cramping in the face though...I don't know what that it, although it could be another part of FM, I'm not sure. Why?? BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY FREAKN SYMPTOMS!!!!!!! I can't stand it either! You are very fortunate to have the fatigue though!!! Good for you! Especially with young children! You will not be crippled by this. Although it FEELS like its your joints and muscles, its actually over active nerves, or so I've been told. And you're not insane. And yes, your moods are tied into the FM. If, after all your tests come back, and you've been dx with FM, take the Lyrica. It does help with the pain. Also Cymbalta helps with depression and the pain as well. I take both. Good luck to you!!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

That would be to NOT have the fatigue! hahaaaa!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
(female)

Megonlegs HB UserMegonlegs HB UserMegonlegs HB User

Hoping you find some relief to your pain! I've had FMS for 15+ years, and yes ... some days are just so hard to feel good about waking up! The one thing I've learned ... is to take it one minute at a time. You'll have good days and bad, and some days you don't think you'll make it through, but you will.

Try to remember the good days when you're in a fog or hurting so much that you cry! I'm still in and out of the doctor all the time (I swear, I should just rent a room in the office!), having various tests done (not all for FMS). One thing you might want to ask your rheumy about with the pain in the face is MFS (myofacial pain syndrome ... and I know I spelled that wrong!). Of course, FMS presents itself with so many symptoms in and of itself, and there are so many crossover symptoms.

My thoughts are with you - tomorrow is another day!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
(female)

chele2774 HB User

stcloudsmom, i feel like you wrote this for me. I have the cramps in my fACE AS WELL, I GO TO THE DR. THURSDAY AND I AM GOING TO DEMAND A RHUMATOLOGIST

Old 03-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
(female)

FMSUCKS HB User
Re: Complaining. How do you manage this symptoms... so many... so often

hi i too just recently got diagnosed after 2 years suffering with this, no pain pills nothing,i hurt so bad that i had to get a tooth pulled and i was so happy because i would get pain pills and now i think its so sad that i got so happy about something so bad, and still with the Dr. help i get pain pills that do nothing and i have tried 1 med. for FM witch made the pain in my arms so horrible i just could not take it any more, that was hard because it helped the terrible pain in my legs. i have been on my couch for about 4 Mon. straight, i cant walk long, cant drive , i get tension head aches all the time,i cant cook any more ext ext. i have a 5 year old boy that has to take the buss to school because i cant drive.i feel so horrible because i can't play with him he asks all the time and i have to say no breaks my heart.i would give any thing to sleep all night and actual get to stage 4, I'm so tired i probably have not sleep-ed all the way through the night in over 2 years. i just cant take any more. the constant pain in my hands sucks, all i can do is lay on the couch and watch TV because i can not hold a book any more, and i so love to read.i cant even wash my hair 90% of the time because of my arm and hands. i can not remember anything any more i can not remember the names of things all the time, i talk and it comes out all wrong and they look at me like I'm crazy and i have no idea i sad it wrong, that's very frustrating for every one. sorry for venting so much i know every one goes through this too and I'm sorry for all of use that have to suffer in pain and no one else can grasp how hard it is every day for all of us.

The following user gives a hug of support to FMSUCKS:
Debra7352 (04-07-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
(female)

As I read these posts it brings tears to my eyes. I never really knew that such a syndrome existed until I was diagnosed with it. I take Lyrica and Cymbalta and I STILL have pain every single day. I feel so guilty because I'm still having pain while on these meds. I feel like I must be doing something wrong and I just can't figure out what it is. :'( It is heart breaking and EXTREMELY frustrating. I don't know what to do. My heart goes out to those of you who haven't taken anything for this intense and maddening pain, as well as to those of us who do but still suffer. Much love and prayers go out to all. <3

Last edited by Debra7352; 04-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Debra7352:
FMSUCKS (04-08-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Debra7352 For This Useful Post:
FMSUCKS (04-08-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudmom View Post
I am newly diagnosed with Fibro, though I am having a hard time thinking that this is it alone. I am going to the neuro on Wed (again). This is driving me insane, so many symptoms, so many problems.

I have most of my issues on the left side of my body. I have problems on the right too, such as yesterday, carrying my purse, it felt like I was carrying bricks in the purse, my shoulder muscles wore out and I had to take the purse off and put it in the cart. I also gets waves of muscles cramps in my hands and feet, my left arm when typing (no loss of strength) and nerve sensations that travel all over, back cramps and charlie horses, pain that runs along the outside of my legs, some cramp under my left rib and cramps and soreness along the rib borders. Is this muscle or connective tissues or what, feels like muscle and tendons or something. I get shakey, nasuea.

This is insane. I also get cramps down the left side of my face! I have spots all over that feel like bruises (not the traditional trigger points, some are, some are not).

Is this some cruel joke by the universe? Am I going to be crippled by this?

And here's the worst, some days I wake up and NOTHING IS WRONG, I FEEL GREAT, NORMAL AGAIN, but it always comes back. On the blessed days I wake up feeling good, I can even tell a total difference in my actual mental state, maybe because I'm not upset, I swear it's linked !

I hate to whine to everyone else here who is facing this but how do you live a normal life in this state? My only blessing - no real fatigue (some days I do get it but not much). I think that's because I take a thyroid med that juices me up.

I had to resort to taking Vicodin the other day, though that strangely helps for a few hours and then seems to make the cramps worse somehow.

Once again I'm going to go through a bunch of tests and if it's clear (like it was last year) then I make try Lyrica. I can't take this every single day, I have two kids, two young kids.
I could of wrote the same post, but mine is on my right side. I am taking 5 vicodin a day.. gabapetin (Lyricia goes me to have real high blood pressure and retain water), Soma's for the crampings. The ones under the breast are happening 5 or more times a day. I am just going out of my mind from fog and discomfort. I don't know how I am handling a full time job, raising a 7 year old and "not" maintaining a house.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User

Me too: Even my 7 year old looks like me like I am stupid:
" Ican not remember anything any more i can not remember the names of things all the time, i talk and it comes out all wrong and they look at me like I'm crazy and i have no idea i sad it wrong, that's very frustrating for every one."

Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

I was wondering if there is any truth about the few dietary causes of fibro.Ive been reading a lot about fibro and see tons of articles about nightshades/MSG and or digestive leaky cut (food allergies.intolerence) being causes of fibro?? Seems some have found relief , now I'm far from stating that's the causes or cause but it seems odd there are so many studies and success stories?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
(female)

FMSUCKS HB User

I do the same thing and they look at me like im crazzy too, so frusterating because you have no idea what you said is not what you intended to say. I cant rember the simple names to things I have to ask what's that thing called. im sorry that you suffer with it too, befor i got dianosed I thought I was truley goinng crazy, but know you are not alone.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
(female)

vongconn HB User

I feel you my family is finally understanding whats going on with me. It is so depressing when you cant do the things you use to do. I have pain most of the trigger points,fibro fog,chronic pain,spasams,severe depression you name it i have it. Have not been able to find the right meds. On top of the fibro i have ankolosing spondilitous in my lower back and neck and a fracture in the middle of my spine.

Reply Reply