It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
(male)

jeremy1010 HB User
My fibromyalgia when it's rainy/wet out

Hi everyone,
It's my first time posting here. I was diagnosed with fibro about a year ago, after experiencing symptoms beginning 1.5 years ago. I thought the diagnosis would help me cope better (I take Lyrica now), and my wife thinks that it has, but there are some really bad times as well.

In New York it's been wet and cold for the last two weeks, and I've been in pretty bad shape with a sore throat that seems to stay with me no matter what, and also my stomach has been bad and my lower back has been hurting a lot - my legs hurt, too, but they tend to hurt relatively often. I also feel mentally foggier in this type of weather.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to get through damp weather like this? I feel really hopeless because I'm starting my own company and it's really hard for me to function at the level that I need to. I'd be so immensely thankful for any help you can provide.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: My fibromyalgia when it's rainy/wet out

hi jeremy and welcome to the family,
i find the full spectum lights help with a bit of brain fog. there are many topical creams you can use. my favorites are biofreeze, painatrate, sombra and noxicare. also if it is knee joint pain ask your doc for voltaren jel.
sleep is critical to keeping the fog at bay as much as possible. if you are not sleeping well there are some safer, giggle, sleep meds out now. those i do use. no sleep, no brain for me.
heated dry towells help during damp weather. you can heat them in the dryer or microwave with a tiny glass of water in the corner of the microwave. a heated pad for your work chair, make sure your feet sit evenly on the floor. i have two heating pad on my home office chair and a blanket for over my legs.
i wish you every good fortune with your new company. be good to those who work for you, giggle.
much peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
(male)

jeremy1010 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
i wish you every good fortune with your new company. be good to those who work for you, giggle.
much peace,
bluelakelady
Thanks so much for the kind words and for the suggestions - there is so much of what you suggest I haven't tried! That really gives me hope. Off to make a shopping list now!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

glad to be of assistance. have fun shopping. the topical creams you can get online at amazon or sometimes just go to their site they may be having a special.
same for heating pads. i have an oversized one for my back. i also use it when i lie down. i wrap it around my knees. also have a heated blanket for those days when i simply must be good and stay down. i wrap up like a mummy in it, pop some popcorn and play drive in movie bed with the telly. giggle.
remember that a sense of humor at oneself comes in very handy for coping with the mental aspects of fibro. learn to laugh at yourself and never be afraid to say, what were we just talking about? giggle. i do it all the time.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 03-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Reply Reply