It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
crazy fatigue

I am writing to see if anyone has any suggestions to help with the fatigue. I am working a 6 hour day (minus the drive) and during the day if I have a minute to sit (which I rarely do) I feel I could just fall asleep. I get home and HAVE to lay still because of the pain all over and then nod off for 45 minutes or so. I get up, do dinner and just can't wait to go back to bed. I fall asleep watching tv or just go to bed by 9ish. I sleep till 5 but restless of course just trying to get comfortable.

I am really trying not to let it bug me and go with it and be happy I can work, but it's hard not to get a bit down about it. I have so many things I want to do, but have no energy at all. Last bloodwork showed everything is just fine.

Does any type of fibro med help with the fatigue or is it just for pain? I am trying really hard to eat well and not eat junk at all, and hoped this would help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
(female)

rydr301 HB Userrydr301 HB User
Re: crazy fatigue

Yes the fatigue can really be a big issue.. I am currently on Savella and flexeril and when I was on a higher dose of Savella it did help with some of the fatigue/pain discomfort however since the decrease not so much anymore... I certainly understand the having no energy and have lots to do but can't.. I also take B vit's to help (not really sure if they do or don't to be honest) I do know that sugar really affect me and makes me hurt more.
Hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User

Hi, I'm afraid I won't be much help either. Just like you, I'm exhausted most of the time too. I also have the same pain after a 6 hour day, so much so that I don't want to eat, laying down and wrapping up in blankets is all I want to do. I do take vit B-12 along with vit D. If you are low in vit D it could be adding to your fatigue. Also, its winter, its dark, cold, and gloomy..that alone could make you tired. What I'm told over and over is to exercise. At least 30 min a day. A walk, stationary bike, even blasting a radio and dancing to it. But with that being said, who has the energy to do this when you're exhausted?! Its a vicious cycle I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Know that you are not alone. Hang in there. PS. Its ok to feel sad. Its ok to accept that you NEED to lay down, rest, AND sleep. Its ok.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

What supplements are you taking? for energy and stress reduction I take a mega B complex & L-tyrosine

Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Thank you all for your responses and kind words. I am not taking supplements any longer because I did for a really long time and felt no difference anywhere but my pocketbook. I walk out side 30 minutes a day and literally walk at work all day up and down stairs and never stop moving till the day is over.
It is good to hear someone say it's ok to feel this way and it's ok to rest too. I guess I just have to accept that this is what this illness is and does.
I can celebrate that I am home and off till Monday, so my body can regroup and get ready for the next week. I am lucky in that at least.

I wish you all a healthy weekend.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi tm,
well girl i hear some doctors are giving fibro's amphetamines now. an article i read recently. had a chat with my best "poo poo drugs" doc and she said yea and some are actually doing better.
had to giggle, i take tons of suppliments too and never have noticed a huge difference. i still take them tho since i don't eat worth a darn.
may i suggest a nice bubble bath and some personal pampering that includes lots of naps in a sunny window?
i stand in awe of your ability to get out of bed every day and go to work!!! you have a schedule in your life. i'd freak, giggle. enjoy your sweet rest, you worked hard and earned it.
peace,
blue

Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

When I was working I had that same overwhelming fatigue. I'd get home and sleep for almost 2 hours before making dinner. I was grumpy at the world because I was miserable. Then have no problem going back to sleep for the night. The sad part is if I ever find another job I'll go back to all that. I'd look into the amphetamines blue was talking about lol.

Guess I'm happy with my supplements, I do feel a difference without them so keep on taking them. Especially the magnesium, it helps keep my stomach from misbehaving. Soon as I slack off for a few days it reminds me why I take it daily.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I wish they gave amphetamines for Fibro! I would certainly take them. I feel so exhaused all the time lately and I don't work anymore. I have been unenployed since October. I do get up every weekday at 5am to watch my grandaughter,
(7 Mos) while my daughter works fulltime. When the weekend comes and I should be doing something around the house or even just a me thing I just don't have the energy. The thought of going back to work is so scary for me right now. I lost my job because of the Fibro. Who wants to hire an exhaused 59 year old with Fibro? Oh well thanks letting me rant. Have a lovely weekend All. I'm going to take a nap in a bit myself.

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 03-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's so good to have a place to go to and have people really understand how you are feeling. I have had a crazy busy weekend and now am just so exhausted and wonder how in the world I will get through the week. Usually I am ok, Mon and Tuesday, but by Wed. I am a mess let alone the rest of the week, Having a busy weekend makes it so hard because I feel I am starting off unrested. I have no choice about work, I have to do it. Mentally I am happy do work, I at least feel productive, but the more I work the worse I feel and that scares me so much.

Thank you all again for understanding. Yes I wish I could have a little something natural to smoke to get me through. My rheumy says it's the best thing for fibro and wishes he could give it to me as a prescription, but until the country agrees that it would work, it wont' happen. Until then, a hot bath will have to do.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

All I can say is I'm ready for bed at nine o'clock every night and I DON'T have to try to go to work every day... I only do volunteer work ONE day a week not even for the entire day. From that point of view your exhaustion is normal - you're using your entire energy budget for the day just to survive work. Is there any way you could manage to build even a short break/s into your work day? Does your employer know you have fibro? Regular short breaks where you can sit down and rest might help you not be quite so exhausted...

Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
(female)

uctd108 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkaru View Post
I wish they gave amphetamines for Fibro! I would certainly take them. I feel so exhaused all the time lately and I don't work anymore. I have been unenployed since October. I do get up every weekday at 5am to watch my grandaughter,
(7 Mos) while my daughter works fulltime. When the weekend comes and I should be doing something around the house or even just a me thing I just don't have the energy. The thought of going back to work is so scary for me right now. I lost my job because of the Fibro. Who wants to hire an exhaused 59 year old with Fibro? Oh well thanks letting me rant. Have a lovely weekend All. I'm going to take a nap in a bit myself.

Low pain All,
I'm kind of in the same boat. I had a full-time job which consisted of a long trip to/from downtown Chicago. I kept pushing through every day. At the end of the day I had a 6 block walk to the train station and my legs felt like concrete. I couldn't do it anymore. I finally cried "uncle." I haven' worked since May of last year. I am on LTD through my employer and the plan required me to file with Social Security Disability. I'm waiting for SSD to get back with me. I'm sure I'll be denied and I'll appeal.

I'm very confused - I've read so much about FM. What works for one person doesn't work for another. I've been for physical therapy, I have talk therapy every 3 weeks with a psychologist. She is the person I vent to because who wants to be around someone who complains about all of their pain, sleep problems, etc.

Now, I guess I'm just venting. Katkaru - I'll be 59 years old this year. I worked full-time since I was 17 years old while raising 2 children. I have the same guilt feelings about not working - but I truly know that I can no longer be in the work world - too much stress, I find that I can no longer multi-task well, the inability to focus and concentrate like I once did. My life is a testament to the fact that I'm not LAZY! It's so hard to accept the "new normal" when at one point in your life you were a very highly functional individual, albeit doing too much for everyone else. I just wish there was more understanding of this disease. The frustration is overwhelming most times.

I'm sorry - this has turned into a venting on my part!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
(female)

brendaelk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydr301 View Post
Yes the fatigue can really be a big issue.. I am currently on Savella and flexeril and when I was on a higher dose of Savella it did help with some of the fatigue/pain discomfort however since the decrease not so much anymore... I certainly understand the having no energy and have lots to do but can't.. I also take B vit's to help (not really sure if they do or don't to be honest) I do know that sugar really affect me and makes me hurt more.
Hang in there.
rydr301, I crave sugar in the evenings like crazy and I have so many aches lately, I wonder if it is the sugar? I like candy such as Welchs Fruit Snacks and eat way to many of them. I was thinking maybe the season change was making me hurt in the mornings but I may need to work on my sugar addictions.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't know what works at all. I have tried so many things, eat this dont' eat that......exercise more, exercise less, nothing seems to make a difference. I am simple exhausted and in pain all the time, not matter what I do. Trying to learn to accept it and make the best of it, but sometimes it is really hard to do that. I feel so frustrated. I come home and have the desire to go go go and can't move at all. Working helps me mentally, but I have no idea how long I can bear it. I desperately need the money too, so have no choice. The only thing that helps is that my kids are older and I can come home and rest, so that's a blessing.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
(female)

brendaelk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydr301 View Post
Hang in there.
Hi, I got a question, I am currently going through a painful time and or a "flare" and I have a lot of savella. Does It help you? IT made me sweat so much and also some constipation so I gave it up after a few weeks. I know we are all different as far as meds go, but I am open to feedback. Have you been on the savella long? How long before you noticed an improvement? Thanks! brendaelk

Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have not taken anything yet, so I dont have an answer. I feel I really really need something, but hate meds so much that I just deal with this. The pain and fatigue are pretty awful, but I just dont want the side effects that go with various meds, but that's just me.

I hope someone can answer for you.

Reply Reply